New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 445 of 529 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Interestingly enough, the 1st gen had this na. No wonder I find other cars like the MUX and the TB a little traditional looking...
    Diyan parang na-influenced din sila ng original fortuner kaya it's no wonder the design looks similar.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Diyan parang na-influenced din sila ng original fortuner kaya it's no wonder the design looks similar.
    Funny. I thought the MUX and the TB DID NOT have it. I googled it, meron pala. I may have chanced on someone who painted their D pillars white. I remember seeing something na may body colored D pillars and naisip ko parang ang luma tingnan hehe.

The floating roof looks very nice on the Explorer.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Funny. I thought the MUX and the TB DID NOT have it. I googled it, meron pala. I may have chanced on someone who painted their D pillars white. I remember seeing something na may body colored D pillars and naisip ko parang ang luma tingnan hehe.

The floating roof looks very nice on the Explorer.
    Did not have ang alin? The same design sa d-pillars, which are also blacked out?

I don't have any idea how it would look like if body colored yun pero I'm sure it wouldn't look so good after all.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Did not have ang alin? The same design sa d-pillars, which are also blacked out?

I don't have any idea how it would look like if body colored yun pero I'm sure it wouldn't look so good after all.
    Yes, I thought the MUX and the TB did not have the blacked out d pillars. May nakita akong isang TB or MUX na naka body color yung D Pillars hehe.

Apparently hindi stock design yung nakita ko...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Yes, I thought the MUX and the TB did not have the blacked out d pillars. May nakita akong isang TB or MUX na naka body color yung D Pillars hehe.

Apparently hindi stock design yung nakita ko...
    Imo, ginawa sigurong ganun yung design para mas malapad siyang tingnan sa likod, based sa observation ko. Pag body colored yun, hindi siguro kasing prominente kumpara sa pag blacked out ang d-pillars.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by swingman_01 View Post
    pati ba salamin sa harap pina tint mo? sa akin hindi, dapat nga pina light tint ko na lang sana kaso mainit sa pinas. Maganda naman kasi talaga contrast ng tint sa freedom white ewan ko lang sa ibang color. Next bibili siguro ako ng spare tire cover.
    Yup, front ko may tint, sa December papalitan ko ng light tint yung front.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Planning to buy a gas powered Fortuner this June. Just like to know the observed fuel consumption city/highway. Estimated mileage that it will probably register for a year is about 10k km max. Will it be more cost effective to buy than a diesel in the long run. Thanks in advance

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wsa 400 View Post
    Planning to buy a gas powered Fortuner this June. Just like to know the observed fuel consumption city/highway. Estimated mileage that it will probably register for a year is about 10k km max. Will it be more cost effective to buy than a diesel in the long run. Thanks in advance
    85K lang difference. Go for the diesel if you intend to keep the car longer than 5 years.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wsa 400 View Post
    Yes, the diesel will be more cost-effective in the long run.

On fuel costs alone, you will break even in less than 3 years. The diesel does around 9 km/L in city driving, while the gas does around 6 km/L. If you travel 10,000 km a year, you save 40k per year.

Resale value for the diesel is also significantly higher. A 5 year old gas-fed Fortuner goes for around 700-750k. A similarly-aged diesel sells for 850-900k. So on top of the fuel savings, you also recoup the initially higher cash outlay later on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    In today's modern times, what would therefore be the advantage of choosing gas over diesel?

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes, the diesel will be more cost-effective in the long run.

On fuel costs alone, you will break even in less than 3 years. The diesel does around 9 km/L in city driving, while the gas does around 6 km/L. If you travel 10,000 km a year, you save 40k per year.

Resale value for the diesel is also significantly higher. A 5 year old gas-fed Fortuner goes for around 700-750k. A similarly-aged diesel sells for 850-900k. So on top of the fuel savings, you also recoup the initially higher cash outlay later on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2016 Toyota Fortuner