New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 417 of 529 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    So between those gears pwede siya mag shift in sa mga yun pero hindi pwede yung pagshift ng gears sequentially by using the gear and paddle shifters. In other words, parang virtually useless ang paddle shifters at manual mode sa kanya. Sayang.
    Hi GTCervan,

Pwede pa din.
    Ibaba mo sa S1 para locked siya sa 1st gear. Tapos angat mo sa S2 pag match na ang engine rev at speed. Panik mo uli sa S3 pag pwede na 3rd gear. Upshift ka uli sa S4 pag match uli. Do it until S6.

In other words, nag lo-lock yung gear according sa pinakamataas na ni-set mo.

Thanks,
    ShortRider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRider View Post
    Hi Vinrem,

Yes sa akin nasa S4 din.
    Ibig yata sabihin from 1st to 4th gear ang range from that point on.

Thanks,
    ShortRider

Thanks sir shortrider, akala ko may problem sa tranny ko, normal lng pala ito.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRider View Post
    Hi GTCervan,

Pwede pa din.
    Ibaba mo sa S1 para locked siya sa 1st gear. Tapos angat mo sa S2 pag match na ang engine rev at speed. Panik mo uli sa S3 pag pwede na 3rd gear. Upshift ka uli sa S4 pag match uli. Do it until S6.

In other words, nag lo-lock yung gear according sa pinakamataas na ni-set mo.

Thanks,
    ShortRider

When you do that, it only shows up to what gear it can engage, right? So while the car is in motion, you have to wait for it to shift in that gear automatically as the rpm rises, not upshift/downshift yourself by using the shifter? Sorry, I seem to be confused. 😕

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    When you do that, it only shows up to what gear it can engage, right? So while the car is in motion, you have to wait for it to shift in that gear automatically as the rpm rises, not upshift/downshift yourself by using the shifter? Sorry, I seem to be confused. [emoji53]
    you are absolutely right buddy! not confused at all. [emoji16]

i think that design will minimise engine/transmission wear/tear due to unmatched rev and speed. [emoji1303]

once i made an error downshifting at high speed and it did not allow me. [emoji1317]

Note: the Ford Everest behaves the same way.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    When you do that, it only shows up to what gear it can engage, right? So while the car is in motion, you have to wait for it to shift in that gear automatically as the rpm rises, not upshift/downshift yourself by using the shifter? Sorry, I seem to be confused. [emoji53]
    Sir you can upshift and downshift by yourself using the shifter or paddle shifter. Yung sa akin lng kasi, I'm just testing the shifter, kasi mula nung binili ko, I haven't used it kaya dun ko lng na notice na habang nakahinto yung fortuner ay nasa S4 na siya, pero usually, I'm using the paddle shifter if I'm overtaking but bihira lang.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Okay so pwede pala. Lol thanks. I currently don't have a Fortuner pero I like to have one in the future. I relied on the review of CGPh lang kasi when the guy there said that it's not a pure manual override. Kaya na-curious ako as to how the manual mode of the Fort would operate. Now I know na. Maybe I'll try din once there is a test drive festival sa MOA.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Okay so pwede pala. Lol thanks. I currently don't have a Fortuner pero I like to have one in the future. I relied on the review of CGPh lang kasi when the guy there said that it's not a pure manual override. Kaya na-curious ako as to how the manual mode of the Fort would operate. Now I know na. Maybe I'll try din once there is a test drive festival sa MOA.
    Medyo weird ang Toyota paddle shifter. If for example you put it in 4th manually, it will choose any gear from 1-4, not necessarily 4th gear only. If you put it in 3rd, it'll choose from 1-3. That is, pag masyadong mababa yung speed for the gear, it'll pick a lower gear.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Medyo weird ang Toyota paddle shifter. If for example you put it in 4th manually, it will choose any gear from 1-4, not necessarily 4th gear only. If you put it in 3rd, it'll choose from 1-3. That is, pag masyadong mababa yung speed for the gear, it'll pick a lower gear.

Yeah, parang iba kumpara sa INVECS ng Montero or CVT ng City. Pwedeng sequential yung dun sa paddle shift ng dalawa eh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Yeah, weird nga, kaya when I use the paddle shifter when I overtake, it will always shows that it's in 4th gear, then I manually downshift it to 3rd.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Question for those who have Gen2 Fortuner Manual transmission.

I have noticed recently that the stick shift vibrate too much that create annoying noise (like there are marbles inside the transmission) during start up. Tried to hold the stick shift or put it on 1st gear while starting so it wont play much during start up and the noise is gone or reduced to minimum. Not sure if this is normal for the manual tranny. Got the Fort 2nd hand so I would like to know if this is normal or need to visit casa to have this checked.

Thanks

2016 Toyota Fortuner