New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 400 of 529 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT15 View Post
    I don't own a 1st gen Fort but was able to ride my boss' 2007 model. It was like riding a pick-up, hard and bumpy. Now I own a 2017 model and the ride is okay with me, somewhat similar with my previous Innova. It may not be as soft as a Monty but definitely not hard like the 1st gen Fort.
    Even for long haul trips?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Thanks for the insights...

I am ready to buy a Fort since last Dec and only got delayed by the inavailability of the units up to now. When I started mentioning to some people in the office, friends and even guys at the car wash, they all said sobrang tagtag.
    Ask your friends for a ride. Try the shotgun seat and 2nd row. Preferably both on a long and a short trip. There's still a cushion there albeit it feels sharp. I don't think there'd be a problem as long as the driver knows the vehicle's limits.. You need to see it for yourself to form a decision.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ah so youve experienced a ladder frame based suv. fort is matagtag(if the road is bad). 3rd row long rides are painful(especially sa provincial road na meron cement and expansion joints). some of my cousins dont complain like me. you can test drive or rent one to experience the ride.

if youll use it sa metro manila with good roads it isnt too bad. sa expressway na maganda ang asphalt it isnt bad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Thanks bro - I have been requesting for a test drive from Toyota Pasig since early December but wala pa raw test drive unit. Besides, hanggang 50 kph lang ang allowed and within the area lang..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Even for long haul trips?
    Yes, so far no complaint from my wife & children. It's relatively new, so the logest trip was from Los Banos to QC (about 68 kms).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Thanks bro - I have been requesting for a test drive from Toyota Pasig since early December but wala pa raw test drive unit. Besides, hanggang 50 kph lang ang allowed and within the area lang..
    It would be best if you can try one yourself as individuals have different tolerances when it comes to riding comfort.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Solid ang ride niya kahit compare sa 2011 na dmax. Hehehe. Nung na drive ko dmax kagabi nanibago ako, mas ma feel mo ang road sa fort. Pero ibat iba kasi ang taste bawat tao, for me okay na okay na ako sa fort ko. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    For me matagtag fortuner natin, nasanay na kasi ako sa sedan hehehe but di mo mapansin if your fully loaded, mga anak ko pa naman malalaki, kaya di masyado bumpy, pero pag dalawa lng kami ni misis ay sus, ramdam na ramdam ko kahit konting lubak.

Went out of town last Jan 1 sa isang rest house ng family friend namin, didn't know na medyo mataas and madulas and maputik ang road going up sa house nila and it was raining, at first nahirapan fortuner umakyat, fault was mine kasi I admit, medyo natakot ako kasi when I applied the brake, yung fort umaabante pa rin bcoz the road was already muddy and also bcoz kasama ko mga kids sa loob and baka ma disgrasya, nung nakita ng driver ng friend namin na nahirapan ako, he took over and just one try nakaakyat nya na walang kahirap-hirap, the challenge was when pauwi na kasi the driver was not there and I was force to drive it by myself, jezz, during that time I wish I bought the 4x4 hahahaha, hirap pala mag control if the road is muddy na, yung LC ng friend namin walang kahirap-hirap bumababa at umakyat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

done with 1K PMS. 2255.91 yung total charge.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DevAaron View Post

tapos pag Turbo diesel engine daw dapat di basta basta pinapatay yung makina mga 1min daw before patayin.
    practice ko kasi in between 30secs to 1min pinapatay ko na ang makina pag naka park na ako.
    sabi sa manual (page 297):

idling time before engine stop (diesel engine other than 5L-E engine)

To prevent damage to the turbocharger, allow the engine to idle immediately after high-load driving.

i.e.
    - Normal city driving or high-speed driving (at the highway speed limit or recommend speed) ==> Not necessary
    - Steep hill driving, continuous driving (race track driving etc.), or towing a trailer or another vehicle (with towing hitch) ==> Approximately 1 minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRider View Post
    sabi sa manual (page 297):

idling time before engine stop (diesel engine other than 5L-E engine)

To prevent damage to the turbocharger, allow the engine to idle immediately after high-load driving.

i.e.
    - Normal city driving or high-speed driving (at the highway speed limit or recommend speed) ==> Not necessary
    - Steep hill driving, continuous driving (race track driving etc.), or towing a trailer or another vehicle (with towing hitch) ==> Approximately 1 minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the manual said that? that after (sustained) high-speed driving, no need to idle for one minute before engine off?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 6th, 2018 at 09:04 AM.

2016 Toyota Fortuner