New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 518 of 529 FirstFirst ... 418468508514515516517518519520521522528 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hdj80 View Post
    With all due respect sir, I have two fortuner G 2018 and 2020, with only visor tint up front, and the stock halogen projectors of the G variant is ABYSMAL!
    hehehe sabi nga ng friend ko, "The reason why the Toyota Fortuner halogen projectors are aimed slightly higher than normal is to compensate for the
    really bad lighting of the halogens"

I'm actually looking at doing either an hid retrofit or trying out the KS Led's which are plug and play. As to the HIDs, I've had bad experiences with those before and I'm unsure how much work will be needed to retrofit, since nakakahinayang mag baklas ng headlight housing kasi brand new pa ung cars ko. The KS LEd's look promising since its plug and play and it seems to have alot of support and good feedback. I have a feeling this topic has been done to death but how are these two options sa fortuner specifically?
    since you do not have a full-tint front windshield, you are not the intended target.

good luck with your retrofit, po.
    kindly remember the oncoming motoristas. it is not right to improve one's night vision, at the expense of these folks' ...

i have innova, and its factory headlights are fine with me.
    just do not expect them to light up the world, like what the sun does.
    'tis common knowledge... do not drive as fast at night, as one does in the daytime.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 26th, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    since you do not have a full-tint front windshield, you are not the intended target.

good luck with your retrofit.

i have innova, and its factory headlights are fine with me.
    just do not expect them to light up the world, like what the sun does.
    'tis common knowledge... do not drive as fast at night, as one does in the daytime.
    haha sounds like a big no for LED then. TBF, the innovas stock reflector housing is huge and looks designed well. My 2011 hilux is also reflector only, and with nightbreakers its really bright, far brighter than the halogen projectors of the new fortuner.

I'm just looking for a better way to drive at night, even driving slow, if you can't see the road it is dangerous sir. No offense meant sa reply ko, and I hope none taken. If you notice kasi, the stock lights of the G forty barely light up the road, and while the throw is far, enough to light up reflectorized signs well, it does not give you enough feedback to drive confidently at night. Just came from Tagaytay the other night kasi, during heavy rain, and it was pretty bad with the stock lights. Really frustrating boss!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if one's factory headlight beams are "sabog" or un-directable using the headlight assembly's aiming screws, try if the ff:
    1. the bulb might be improperly seated;
    2. cataract-ic lenses already.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if one's factory headlight beams are "sabog" or un-directable using the headlight assembly's aiming screws, try if the ff:
    1. the bulb might be improperly seated;
    2. cataract-ic lenses already.
    the other route is to go the aftermarket way. third party good brand auxiliary lighting. upgraded halogens, well aimed HID & LED?, u name it, they have it. If u dont mind to shell out more, this will surely cure ur rig's lighting problem.....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hello po - Ask lang po sana ako ng tip as I'm a new fotuner 2016 user. Napansin ko lang po na nababwas ang coolant.nag check po ako pag morning before using mababa na sya sa L pero normal level pag maninit napo yung engine. Normal po kaya ito? Maraming salamat po.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^that's normal..a running engine is hot..heat generates pressure that causes some of those fluid to overflow or evaporate..when the engine is off the ideal fluid level should be at F..acceptable level is in between F and L..below L you should fill it up with distilled water up to F

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lucent View Post
    Hello po - Ask lang po sana ako ng tip as I'm a new fotuner 2016 user. Napansin ko lang po na nababwas ang coolant.nag check po ako pag morning before using mababa na sya sa L pero normal level pag maninit napo yung engine. Normal po kaya ito? Maraming salamat po.
    liquids, including coolant, expand and contract with heat and cold, respectively.
    when the engine is hot, coolant expands and overflows to the reservoir. "mataas".
    when the engine cools, coolant contracts and pulls the coolant in the reservoir, back to the engine. "mababaw".
    measure reservoir level in the morning, when the engine is still cold. keep the level between full and low.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lucent View Post
    as long as puno yung reservoir walang problema. ingat sa pag check ng coolant kapag mainit engine.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Noted po mga sir/s. Maraming salamat po. Nakaka kaba kasi dahil kakapalit ko lang po ng 2 front shocks dahil nag leak na yung isa at 20K kms then nagbabawas pa ng coolant. Obserbahan kong mabuti yung coolant level muna.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    kahit distilled water nalng po pang dagdag sa coolant or need pang bumili ng coolant sa kasa para same lang sila?

2016 Toyota Fortuner