New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 482 of 529 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    What are your thoughts?
    If you will be doing 10k kms in 2yrs based from your description daily route, then better do a 5k kms/1/yr with long-life mineral/ semi-synth. Based on my research, Delo is the cheapest. Just be wary of counterfeit, stick to the official distributor Lubricants Distributor Locator | Caltex Philippines

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doubledouble.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 17th, 2019 at 01:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    perhaps ordinary petron-shell-caltex-etc mineral oil and 5000 km oil change intervals will do fine.

i also have this impression, that there are fewer fake mineral oils than there are fake synthetic oils, especially if one buys them from the gas station.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps ordinary petron-shell-caltex-etc mineral oil and 5000 km oil change intervals will do fine.

i also have this impression, that there are fewer fake mineral oils than there are fake synthetic oils, especially if one buys them from the gas station.
    +1 on this, sir.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    guys just a question. new fortuner owner here. how do i open the coolant cap? was checking and it wont rotate because it has some sort of “lock” to prevent rotation. i didnt want to just pop it off and couldnt find instructions in the manual... any video showing me how to do this will do fine also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by troydl View Post
    guys just a question. new fortuner owner here. how do i open the coolant cap? was checking and it wont rotate because it has some sort of “lock” to prevent rotation. i didnt want to just pop it off and couldnt find instructions in the manual... any video showing me how to do this will do fine also

same with my 2005 innova.
    i didn't bother with it anymore.
    i just look at the overflow cannister, and fillit to the mark from time to time. like, five or so times in a dozen years. heh heh.
    i hasn't given me problems.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by troydl View Post

You fill up with additional coolant and / or distilled water using the expansion tank ... The radiator cap should rarely be opened ... Press down then twist ... NEVER EVER open it when engine is hot ...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you cant push down and twist sa coolant tank cap. there is something that prevents it from turning. thats why i was thinking that it should be popped off rather than twisting

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^actually the instruction is on top of the lid

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Then it's not meant to be opened ... Why force it?

2016 Toyota Fortuner