2. Kumusta clutch, malambot ba siya?
    3. Top speed?
    Tia
    My cousin's Corolla Altis:
    a. Fuel consumption
    Average is 10 km/l
    Highway is 14-15 km/l
    b. Clutch is fairly soft
    c. Top speed on the average 100 km/hr. He never drives beyond that speed. Hehehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    In comparison, with my Gen 10.5 6-M/T, my pure city was better at 9.5km/L but my mixed highway/city was at around 10.5km/L. My average for 3 years ownership (55,000kms ran) was also around 10-10.5km/L.
    Our city routes might be different bro. Mine is mostly Pasig-BGC (5 km trip) with rush hour traffic.

When I measure city FC on weekends it also plays at around 9 km/L. I segregated my city FC into heavy, moderate, and light traffic:

Heavy (my house-office route): 7.2 km/L
    Moderate (house-office-QC rush hour): 8.4 km/L
    Light (weekend driving): 9.7 km/L

When I compared with the FC of my 1ZZ-FE 09 Altis, it's roughly the same for city driving but highway consumption is higher due to the lack of a 6th gear. 1st to 5th have similar ratios on the 5MT and 6MT, so 100 kph is 3000 rpm on the older Altis while it's only at 2700 rpm for the newer one.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Our city routes might be different bro. Mine is mostly Pasig-BGC (5 km trip) with rush hour traffic.

When I measure city FC on weekends it also plays at around 9 km/L. I segregated my city FC into heavy, moderate, and light traffic:

Heavy (my house-office route): 7.2 km/L
    Moderate (house-office-QC rush hour): 8.4 km/L
    Light (weekend driving): 9.7 km/L

When I compared with the FC of my 1ZZ-FE 09 Altis, it's roughly the same for city driving but highway consumption is higher due to the lack of a 6th gear. 1st to 5th have similar ratios on the 5MT and 6MT, so 100 kph is 3000 rpm on the older Altis while it's only at 2700 rpm for the newer one.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Yeah. My city is QC - Makati (around 15km). Your highway-city mix probably also has a little more highway in it when we compare the areas we go to

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks guys. I got 1.6v nalang. Now shopping for 18 wheels. Will run on stock suspension "height" ano po kaya babagay?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kng200 View Post
    Thanks guys. I got 1.6v nalang. Now shopping for 18 wheels. Will run on stock suspension "height" ano po kaya babagay?
    It depends on your taste. I personally prefer a classic design (simple multispoke) or OEM.

If you have the moolah, the 18 inch TTE rims are nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12