New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 205 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

Toyota will introduce the Wigo super mini next month here in the Philippines. Prices will start at around 450k for the base model according to a TMP insider. Engine is 1.2L, we can expect manual and automatic transmissions to be offered.

The Wigo is a renamed Toyota Agya supermini which is based on a Daihatsu Ayla.

There are earlier speculations that Toyota will go head to head with Mitsu's current sales champ Mirage supermini.

See thread below:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...ta-ayga-93678/

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

Toyota will introduce the Wigo super mini next month here in the Philippines. Prices will start at around 450k for the base model according to a TMP insider. Engine is 1.2L, we can expect manual and automatic transmissions to be offered.

The Wigo is a renamed Toyota Agya supermini which is based on a Daihatsu Ayla.

There are earlier speculations that Toyota will go head to head with Mitsu's current sales champ Mirage supermini.

See thread below:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...ta-ayga-93678/
    yey! may kalaban na ang mitsu mirage hehe, umuunlad na ang pinas!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    1.0L lang from the spec sheet I've got.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    another rebadged.... argghh...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Like the Avanza ;)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Get used to it. If it makes business sense, car companies will do it. And as long as quality is we should have no problem with it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    it is still a toyota

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope. Not really.

With the first-generation Avanza, it was really obvious that it wasn't built to the same standards as the Toyota-branded (from the outset) Innova. Interior quality sucked. Handling sucked. Refinement sucked. The 1.5 AT was actually decent, but the lower-end models, you can see where they saved money by cheaping out. The second-generation is sorta-kinda okay, but it's nowhere near as good, for example, as the Vios. (Nothing against Avanza owners... just there's a reason they're relatively cheap for a Toyota product)

We won't know much about the Wigo's quality till it gets here.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Nope. Not really.

With the first-generation Avanza, it was really obvious that it wasn't built to the same standards as the Toyota-branded (from the outset) Innova. Interior quality sucked. Handling sucked. Refinement sucked. The 1.5 AT was actually decent, but the lower-end models, you can see where they saved money by cheaping out. The second-generation is sorta-kinda okay, but it's nowhere near as good, for example, as the Vios. (Nothing against Avanza owners... just there's a reason they're relatively cheap for a Toyota product)

We won't know much about the Wigo's quality till it gets here.
    this was my reason for argghhhing...
    toyota may own daihatsu stock. but this does not equate to toyota engineering gravitating to daihatsu engineering..

like the skoda rebadged as a VW years ago, just because VW owned skoda stock..

but let us see.. i am wishing it would be worthy of the re-badge.. if i fit in it, i may just get myself one..
    Last edited by dr. d; January 16th, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    2014 Toyota Wigo 1.0E M/T - PhP 448,000

2014 Toyota Wigo 1.0G M/T - PhP 499,000

2014 Toyota Wigo 1.0G A/T - PhP 534,000

2014 Toyota Wigo teased, for reveal next month - Auto News by AutoIndustriya.com

Nice pricing if you ask me.

Page 1 of 205 123451151101 ... LastLast