New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hrtrob View Post
    Careful with your words bro. Not everyone shares the same opinion as you do transmission and styling are personal preferences, it's good that Toyota brought in both variants and offered the optional TRD kit to please everybody

That said, I'm loving my un-kitted Lightning Red MT 86. To those of you who are still on the waiting list, be patient. I waited 6 months for mine, and it was well worth it!
    Toyota's way of pleasing their customer cost a torso. :hysterical:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Careful with your words bro. Not everyone shares the same opinion as you do transmission and styling are personal preferences, it's good that Toyota brought in both variants and offered the optional TRD kit to please everybody

That said, I'm loving my un-kitted Lightning Red MT 86. To those of you who are still on the waiting list, be patient. I waited 6 months for mine, and it was well worth it!
    Hey, it's just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone. Wasn't my intention.

I find it BS because dealers insist buyers on getting them, even if the buyer initially just wanted a plain 86 which looks better (in my opinion). Eh since walang magawa 'tong kawawang buyer, he'll get the kitted 86 instead which is, if I'm not mistaken, a couple of gran more than the stock 86.

Money is no joke. Nakakainis lang na nagttake advantage sila sa opportunity na to. The TRD is okay if it's optional.. pero sa lagay ngayon, parang hinde siya optional if you really really want to get an 86. What I think about the TRD version? An easy-way out. It's an easy, yet will cost you an arm, to get your 86 fast.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Or, you can always get a Genesis 2.0T. 255 horsepower. Potenza tires. 18" wheels. Faster in a straight line. Faster on the racetrack (Better tires, decent suspension), easier to hold long lurid drifts in (better tires, more power), better ride comfort, better stereo and sound system and... oh... real back seats.

And you can actually buy them for 1.5m. And no... the Genesis doesn't steer like a Camry. Of course, if you want to get the ultimate track weapon instead, you can forego both cars and get an EVO X.

-

Personally, I would not get the 86 in anything but base trim with the manual. Lovely, willing, sharp, with low handling limits that are easy to explore. But it's the kind of car that is wasted if you never drive it on the racetrack or on a good, winding road at full attack.

Parang mga SiR. People buy them to drive to the office every day, inside the city. With no place to wind them out and enjoy that 7,500 rpm motor. When you could get something with more torque and more luxury for everyday use.

Still love the little car. If I had a budget for a third or fourth car just to take to Clark Raceway every day, I'd get one. And park it beside the Genesis, MINI Cooper S and race-prepped Mazda2 I also don't own. But I feel that most people who are buying them now are not getting the full flavor of the experience.
    Last edited by niky; February 27th, 2013 at 01:39 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hey, it's just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone. Wasn't my intention.

I find it BS because dealers insist buyers on getting them, even if the buyer initially just wanted a plain 86 which looks better (in my opinion). Eh since walang magawa 'tong kawawang buyer, he'll get the kitted 86 instead which is, if I'm not mistaken, a couple of gran more than the stock 86.

Money is no joke. Nakakainis lang na nagttake advantage sila sa opportunity na to. The TRD is okay if it's optional.. pero sa lagay ngayon, parang hinde siya optional if you really really want to get an 86. What I think about the TRD version? An easy-way out. It's an easy, yet will cost you an arm, to get your 86 fast.
    No offense taken bro. Actually not all dealers are forcing buyers to get the kit. I got mine for cash with no TRD add-ons Oh yeah, met up with fellow 86 owners last week, there were 14 cars (including one BRZ). Out of the 13 86s, only three were fitted with the TRD kit.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Or, you can always get a Genesis 2.0T. 255 horsepower. Potenza tires. 18" wheels. Faster in a straight line. Faster on the racetrack (Better tires, decent suspension), easier to hold long lurid drifts in (better tires, more power), better ride comfort, better stereo and sound system and... oh... real back seats.

And you can actually buy them for 1.5m. And no... the Genesis doesn't steer like a Camry. Of course, if you want to get the ultimate track weapon instead, you can forego both cars and get an EVO X.

-

Personally, I would not get the 86 in anything but base trim with the manual. Lovely, willing, sharp, with low handling limits that are easy to explore. But it's the kind of car that is wasted if you never drive it on the racetrack or on a good, winding road at full attack.

Parang mga SiR. People buy them to drive to the office every day, inside the city. With no place to wind them out and enjoy that 7,500 rpm motor. When you could get something with more torque and more luxury for everyday use.

Still love the little car. If I had a budget for a third or fourth car just to take to Clark Raceway every day, I'd get one. And park it beside the Genesis, MINI Cooper S and race-prepped Mazda2 I also don't own. But I feel that most people who are buying them now are not getting the full flavor of the experience.
    Us 86 owners have had two track days already since getting together for the first time last month. First one was in BRC then Clark two weeks ago. So we are somewhat getting the full flavor of the experience

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Us 86 owners have had two track days already since getting together for the first time last month. First one was in BRC then Clark two weeks ago. So we are somewhat getting the full flavor of the experience
    TCS and VSC off, I hope. That's the only way to roll. And probably slightly better tires. I appreciate the thoughtfulness of Toyota in giving the 86 tires with lower limits, but the limits are a bit too low given the competence of the chassis.
    Last edited by niky; February 27th, 2013 at 03:26 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    The reality of ownership is different from reading or test driving. Comparing cars, always great for gear heads.
    Anyone who has bought an 86 or BRZ and has enjoyed it has spent their money well. Having to go on the the track with driver aids off is not for everyone. The 86/BRZ require a certain level of skill at the limit. It is not for everyone to try without proper education. This is quite irresponsible and dangerous. Enjoy the ride and don't crash it. The only price worth earning is a smile on your face.

hrtrob, good for you you are enjoying your rideand that is what's about. Nothing more nothing less. It's a fun car driven at 40kph attacking a corner (with the rear sliding out on a wet road) and at 170kph full throttle down the long stretch of a track. Don't let me or easy one else say how and where you can enjoy your 86.

Early morning drive with a week old ride, back in December

Posing after several laps:

A car is fun as long as you love to drive. It does not have to be expensive and it does not have to be fast. Any car will do.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No offense taken bro. Actually not all dealers are forcing buyers to get the kit. I got mine for cash with no TRD add-ons Oh yeah, met up with fellow 86 owners last week, there were 14 cars (including one BRZ). Out of the 13 86s, only three were fitted with the TRD kit.
    Lucky guys.

When I asked 2 dealers about the 86, they told me I could get one with a TRD kit so I could get the unit faster.

Pero looks like yung in-house talagang priority, I guess it works on most cars, not just the 86. Lucky you you got it in cash and bare. The 6 month wait must be agonizing though. But looks like at the end, it's worth it.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    My 86...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome022086 View Post
    My 86...

galaxy blue silica? M/T? ganda. medyo maypagka violet pag naarawan ?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by asag View Post
    The reality of ownership is different from reading or test driving. Comparing cars, always great for gear heads.
    Anyone who has bought an 86 or BRZ and has enjoyed it has spent their money well. Having to go on the the track with driver aids off is not for everyone. The 86/BRZ require a certain level of skill at the limit. It is not for everyone to try without proper education. This is quite irresponsible and dangerous. Enjoy the ride and don't crash it. The only price worth earning is a smile on your face.

hrtrob, good for you you are enjoying your rideand that is what's about. Nothing more nothing less. It's a fun car driven at 40kph attacking a corner (with the rear sliding out on a wet road) and at 170kph full throttle down the long stretch of a track. Don't let me or easy one else say how and where you can enjoy your 86.

A car is fun as long as you love to drive. It does not have to be expensive and it does not have to be fast. Any car will do.
    I seldom comment, but I like this post. Mature thinking and full of wisdom