New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    madali na ba makakuha cash payment deal?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I mostly agree with him, but then he got to this part:

A Mustang? Overweight pile of American rubbish that can only go in a straight line and doesn’t understand what a corner is. The Genesis coupe? A flaccid, notchy, poorly built, uncommunicative Korean excuse for a “sports” car. Keep trying Hyundai… you “might” get there one day.
    Where he exposed his own bias and lack of experience with the two cars in question.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Man. Tough decisions for anyone buying today...
    Kaya swerte natin that we can't afford to buy these cars?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Kaya swerte natin that we can't afford to buy these cars?
    Hehe... there's a difference between being able to afford one and wanting to buy one badly enough to spend that much money on what is, in the end, a toy. Worse for me, the back seat is not big enough to fit the wife and kids comfortably (stupid QC ordnance means both kids have to sit in the back, even with an airbag defeater switch), so it really WOULD be a toy for occassional use instead of a daily driver.

Pass muna. Have a lot of things to fix before I can buy a new toy. Maybe in two or three years' time.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pass muna. Have a lot of things to fix before I can buy a new toy.
    Have a lot of things to fix on the Lynx?

But yeah, unless you're a single guy or gal shuttling daily around Makati - Ortigas - Fort, it's still hard to have one as main/solo car.... kaya nga yung iba, naghahanap pa ng bike rack for their 86 :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have a lot of things to fix on the Lynx?

But yeah, unless you're a single guy or gal shuttling daily around Makati - Ortigas - Fort, it's still hard to have one as main/solo car.... kaya nga yung iba, naghahanap pa ng bike rack for their 86 :D
    Funnily enough, I'm starting to do that. Neglected it for a bit too long. Too busy with work and family matters, and I don't really drive out to Manila anymore except to do test-drives, so I mostly use the Crosswind. Hoping I can get the Lynx in shape to go back to the track later this year. Maybe strip the LPG and pare back some weight here and there, develop it into a more dedicated track rat.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Dedicated track rat... dedicated to running against a 86. :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ^Dedicated track rat... dedicated to running against a 86. :D
    Dedicated to losing, you mean?

Only way I'm beating an 86 round the track is if I can somehow miraculously shed 200 kilograms and gain 50 hp. Even with all my mods, I'm probably 10-20 whp short of the 86, and about 100 kg heavier. The LSD helps me get around corners decently enough, but I would still have to do some radical changes to the suspension to limit front end push and get more mid-corner rotation out of the Lynx.

Or I could get lucky and the 86 driver could be really, really, really bad.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Or I could get lucky and the 86 driver could be really, really, really bad.
    :bwahaha: that's true. on the 86 you need to be a decent racer to bring out it's true protential, unlike the STi/Evo/GTR where all the electronics makes an 18 year old kid who just got his license look like a decent racer on the track. i guess that's why a lot of newbie drivers aren't really impressed by the 86 because they don't know it's potential.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pass muna. Have a lot of things to fix before I can buy a new toy. Maybe in two or three years' time.
    Yup, tons of things to fix on the legendary Lynx RS.