New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Damn. Ganyan pala talaga kalakas sa gas yung V6.
    Not bad. in my experience, less thirsty than an Explorer V6 in mixed traffic. Probably on par with some compact crossovers... Better if you get a manual. Hell, it's much better than an old Evo...

Open up the taps (pedal to the metal) and say sayonara to your gas, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    V6 pa lang yan, imagine the V8 Ford Mustang, hahaha.

86 should probably have good FC, boxer 4 lang naman siya. RWD pa so not as heavy as the typical AWD Subaru

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Not bad. in my experience, less thirsty than an Explorer V6 in mixed traffic. Probably on par with some compact crossovers... Better if you get a manual. Hell, it's much better than an old Evo...

Open up the taps (pedal to the metal) and say sayonara to your gas, though.
    i have a friend with a v8 and was able to borrow it last weekend, to my surprise the FC is a bit better than my explorer.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    saw 2 white pearl FT86 kanina sa toyota manila bay ready for delivery...+ 2 owner na...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    GC, still similar to the old. Around 6 km/l in the city. Lower in traffic. Around 4 km/l.
    What about the 2.0 variant? Were you able to get an approximate reading of the 86 vs the GC 2.0? Thanks.

Edit:
    Just found the answers to my own question from this site (for T86 and BRZ): http://gt86.com.au/subaru-brz-scion-...r-on-epa-site/

According to the EPA, when the rear-wheel drive coupes’ 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine is matched to the standard 6-speed manual gearbox, they return 22mpg (10.68L/100km) city, 30mpg (7.83L/100km) highway and 25mpg (9.39L/100km) combined.

Those that opt for the 6-speed automatic transmission, will see slightly better numbers at 25mpg (9.39L/100km) in city driving, 34mpg on the highway and 28mpg (6.91L/100km) combined.
    While for the GC 2.0, here's another reference: http://www.aboutautomobile.com/Fuel/...yundai/Genesis

It would be interesting to see what those nos. would be like in more severe PH traffic conditions.
    Last edited by JackFlash; December 21st, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think Mikko David would know, he drove them back to back.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo168 View Post
    Hrtrob,

how red is it? Is it like ferrari red? Ive never seen one on the streets. Only at manila auto salon. My choices are only red or white. But since all of my cars are white, im thinking about red. But want to make sure that its like ferrari red which i really like. Thanks. Nice cars!!
    It's red like the Subaru lightning red for the Impreza/WRX STi

FC of the 86 so far (break in 500+ km)
    city 12 l/100km
    city/hw 10.3 l/100km
    hw 8 l/100km

Just read this, " the 86 is right up there with the greats. The suspension is perfect. Bar none, it's the best this side of a true exotic sports car" by Botchi Santos.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    So I guess the subaru brz is available locally since I saw a silver one w/ dealer plates around cubao.

Saw a lot of sports cars today...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LiempoBoi View Post
    So I guess the subaru brz is available locally since I saw a silver one w/ dealer plates around cubao.

it's been available locally for a couple of months already.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by LiempoBoi View Post

It was launched late November but units were released 1-2 weeks earlier.
    This guy got the "first" one Brzbrzbrzbrz