New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Gusto namin yan! :gayfight:
    Aynakow. Walang ganyanan! Tsikot policy is "don't ask, don't tell".

Aprub? Aprub!

Basta, lahat magdadala ng GT86.

Ganito nalang sa akin:

Kinda makes me wish Toyota hadn't given up on the MR-S. That was a car that really had potential, if Toyota had given a little more thought to the design aesthetics and worked a little more muscle into motor.

Then again, I can't wait to see what the tuners pull out of the 86 over the coming years. There's probably no other car that has received so much attention from the R&D departments of so many aftermarket suppliers. Me, I'd like to see a high-horse naturally aspirated build with a focus on weight savings...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Which info is right? Motor Trend's new editor started on the internet, just like Jack and me. And we all started on the same website (TTAC). And come on... that's Motor Trend. The publication that named the Chevy Citation and the Mustang II their "Car of the Year"...

Clarkson? Clarkson is pure entertainment. Period. This is a guy who bought an H2 just for the hell of it. I buy his books, actually, but when it comes to car dynamics, I always take his words with a grain of salt.

Chris, his opinion I respect. Of course, Chris has openly stated he hates MX-5s, so another big grain of salt there:
    CHRIS HARRIS: The Mazda MX-5 is pants (ducks) blog on Evo Community by Monkey Harris

I'd say... hands down, the 86 is the faster car than the MX-5, and the more capable. Better is a matter of opinion. The MX-5's lower limits mean it's easier to kick into oversteer and it hits those limits faster than the 86. Which means you can explore them more.

Also, it depends on which variant of the MX-5 you drive. The NC1 had craptacular steering. That is to say... it was decent enough, but started feeling artificial and sterile as you piled on the miles. The NC2's steering is nearly as good as the NA MX-5, but a lot tighter and more direct (obviously). And the NC2 fixed a lot of issues with the suspension settings and bushings on the MX-5.

Sadly, though I'm getting track time in the 86 in a month or so, I won't be able to drive it back-to-back with an MX-5. I do get to drive it against the GenCoupe, though.

-

Remember, I said that the 86 drives better than the Genesis. What I object to is the insinuation that you'd be just as happy with a Camry V6. Having driven both... meerp. No way in hell. The Genesis has (finally) good steering, a nice chassis and good moves. The Camry V6 is great in a straight line... that's about it.

The one major problem I see with the Genesis is that the limits are, like with many modern cars, too high. So it's big, fast and grips. Until it doesn't. But at least the loss of grip will no longer come because the chassis is pogo-ing around between corners. It's still loose compared to the likes of the 86 or MX-5, but it's wieldy and worth a fling around the track once in a while.

Says the one who said this:

Nobody started calling anybody names till you insinuated one completely subjective opinion was gospel and another was complete garbage. Would have worked better if you didn't compare "change a gear, kill a prostitute" Clarkson to CNN. :hysterical:
    The only "mistake" here is contradicting your gospel preaching and your maturity in use if smiley.
    This makes it more objective?
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/drives/rev...upe-3-8-v6-8at

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by asag View Post
    The only "mistake" here is contradicting your gospel preaching and your maturity in use if smiley.
    This makes it more objective?
    Review: Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6 8AT - Drives | TopGear.com.ph
    Who's preaching what? What gospel?

Car reviews are inherently completely and utterly subjective. Everyone has an opinion about what's best.

I've never said anywhere that the Genesis is better to drive than the 86. Even in that review I admitted you can buy much better racetrack machinery for the same money (and no other sports cars are the same money other than the 86 and BRZ).

You preach that we should drive these cars before making an opinion, yet your opinion of rating the Genesis as the same as a Camry V6 suggests you've never driven one in anger on a proper road...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012

Mga idols ko, hanggang INTRIGA-LEVEL lang ah, huwag AWAY-AWAY LEVEL hehe

Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    o tama na yang debate. mag Vios na lang kayo!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post

Mga idols ko, hanggang INTRIGA-LEVEL lang ah, huwag AWAY-AWAY LEVEL hehe

Cheers!

Sus... yung away nyo sa MS sa TGP, halos isang buwan na, eh.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Paul View Post
    o tama na yang debate. mag Vios na lang kayo!
    Troll! Hahahaha.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Sus... yung away nyo sa MS sa TGP, halos isang buwan na, eh.
    Bwahaha, tingin ko BATI-BATI LEVEL na ngayon chief, arguably though, haha!

Mag-pa Pasko na eh!

Merry Christmas din idol kong tunay!

Cheers!

Last edited by d_mac; December 12th, 2012 at 12:32 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    BTT

Marami na ba talagang naka 86? eh mas marami pa din akong nakikitang Scion FR-S kaysa 86.