New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by karl2001 View Post
    So far nawala narin ang excitement ko to buy this car lalo sa mga gimmick ng mga dealers just keeping my option open
    Ganoon na rin ako... I just take it lightly Kung mayroon mayroon , Kung wala ok lang, Kung d reasonable yung dealer turn down the offer na lang. Anyway the car intended for a toy car or just a second car not a primary/need car...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Seriously, though... TMPI already stated they wouldn't stand for it or condone it, and they are generally serious about wanting to provide the best deals for their customers (hence the yearly Toyota Tent Event). Just get names and submit your complaints.

Might not get you an 86, though. But I suggest just going out to buy a BRZ. At least, since there's only one Motor Image, their pricing policy is set in stone.

Or you could get a Genesis V6. More power. More sound. More power. More luxury. More power. More power. More power...
    MI may be better but as of now all BRZ units require financing and they do prefer in house insurance. Just about the same thing Toyota is doing now.
    Genesis vs BRZ/86 no real comparison there. Yes the Genesis has more power but so does a V6 Camry. The real drivers car is the BRZ/86. You just have to drive one to realize how great this car is. If you can't then it's not the car for you.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Magaling pa kay Niky...

Pero totoo yan, power, space and features sa GC, handling and excitement sa 86.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by asag View Post
    MI may be better but as of now all BRZ units require financing and they do prefer in house insurance. Just about the same thing Toyota is doing now.
    Genesis vs BRZ/86 no real comparison there. Yes the Genesis has more power but so does a V6 Camry. The real drivers car is the BRZ/86. You just have to drive one to realize how great this car is. If you can't then it's not the car for you.
    The Genesis doesn't handle quite as well as an 86 or a Miata, that's true.

But having driven both the old Genesis and the new Genesis, I can say that while the old one could be compared to a Camry, the new one most definitely cannot.

The new Genesis is stiffer, more settled, better-damped, and has better steering than before. It is a car that I would not hesitate to take to the racetrack now. The only remaining dynamic foible is that it's too wide for some backroads, and it's still not as buttoned down as an MX-5, but it's well-controlled and it won't kill you on the racetrack.

Review: Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6 8AT - Drives | TopGear.com.ph
    (whadayaknow, google search gives me as the first result for genesis v6 review... weird)

If you're looking at cars for 86 money, then the 2.0T will be in the same realm. It's not exactly as easy to slot down a narrow road as the 86, but it's more powerful, is almost as keen, and is only let down by the clunky 2nd-3rd shift on the racetrack. Upgrade to the track pack, and it will beat the 86 three-ways-to-Sunday on any road.

Of course, if you are looking at racetrack use, I would go straight for the most fun your money can buy, the MX-5:

TTAC Track Days Episode 2: Scion FR-S vs. Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T vs. Mazda MX-5 | The Truth About Cars
    (Jack Baruth is a pretty good writer, car reviewer and racing instructor).

Not saying the 86 isn't great. It is. But I see it as more of a slightly heavier, slightly softer, slightly more powerful MX-5. The MX-5 is much easier to get sideways (even an idiot can do it without dying... maybe 80% of the time), has fantastic steering and is more immediate than anything else on the road. Perhaps it doesn't have the "heritage" of the 86, but who are we kidding. The 86 is about as related to the AE86 as the MX-5 is related to the MGB.

But really, if you want the most brand-new driving excitement you can buy for UNDER 2m... (the MX-5 is over that) regardless of whether you're on the racetrack or not, the GenCoupe fits the bill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails temp.jpg  
    Last edited by niky; December 10th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Genesis doesn't handle quite as well as an 86 or a Miata, that's true.

But having driven both the old Genesis and the new Genesis, I can say that while the old one could be compared to a Camry, the new one most definitely cannot.

The new Genesis is stiffer, more settled, better-damped, and has better steering than before. It is a car that I would not hesitate to take to the racetrack now. The only remaining dynamic foible is that it's too wide for some backroads, and it's still not as buttoned down as an MX-5, but it's well-controlled and it won't kill you on the racetrack.

Review: Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6 8AT - Drives | TopGear.com.ph
    (whadayaknow, google search gives me as the first result for genesis v6 review... weird)

If you're looking at cars for 86 money, then the 2.0T will be in the same realm. It's not exactly as easy to slot down a narrow road as the 86, but it's more powerful, is almost as keen, and is only let down by the clunky 2nd-3rd shift on the racetrack. Upgrade to the track pack, and it will beat the 86 three-ways-to-Sunday on any road.

Of course, if you are looking at racetrack use, I would go straight for the most fun your money can buy, the MX-5:

TTAC Track Days Episode 2: Scion FR-S vs. Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T vs. Mazda MX-5 | The Truth About Cars
    (Jack Baruth is a pretty good writer, car reviewer and racing instructor).

Not saying the 86 isn't great. It is. But I see it as more of a slightly heavier, slightly softer, slightly more powerful MX-5. The MX-5 is much easier to get sideways (even an idiot can do it without dying... maybe 80% of the time), has fantastic steering and is more immediate than anything else on the road. Perhaps it doesn't have the "heritage" of the 86, but who are we kidding. The 86 is about as related to the AE86 as the MX-5 is related to the MGB.

But really, if you want the most brand-new driving excitement you can buy for UNDER 2m... (the MX-5 is over that) regardless of whether you're on the racetrack or not, the GenCoupe fits the bill.
    It's a matter of opinion. It's like reading the news. Tabloid vs reputable news paper.
    I would rather follow more respected and authoritative car critiques like
    Jeremy
    Jeremy

Chris

Motor Trend
    $28k High-Performance Two-Door Comparison - Motor Trend

In the end it's up to the buyer but best to get info from the right place. Test drive if you can. I do not claim to be a race car or expert driver. I have driven the current MX5 and 86. Hands down the 86 is the better car.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    It's a matter of opinion. It's like reading the news. Tabloid vs reputable news paper.
    I would rather follow more respected and authoritative car critiques like
    Jeremy
    Jeremy

Chris

Motor Trend
    $28k High-Performance Two-Door Comparison - Motor Trend
    Paps hindi naman kaya may bias din yang si jeremy:confused:

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    "People are people" so all statements, articles and videos quoted/cited are opinions. Up to you to chose who to believe but please educate yourself and drive these cars. Life is too short to get caught up in crap. Again tabloid vs real news paper. TMZ vs CNN.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    "People are people" so all statements, articles and videos quoted/cited are opinions. Up to you to chose who to believe but please educate yourself and drive these cars. Life is too short to get caught up in crap. Again tabloid vs real news paper. TMZ vs CNN.
    Sino ba tmz at cnn d2?

Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sino ba tmz at cnn d2?

Well Clarkson has always been an entertaining read/watch more than anything else. Dry, acerbic wit and all. :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Well Clarkson has always been an entertaining read/watch more than anything else. Dry, acerbic wit and all. :D
    Not to mention his lust for more POWERRRRRRRRR! Clarkson picking the 86 (and in addition May picking the topless MP4-12C) leads me to believe that the Maya were right