New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    saw a couple dito sa south. black coupe bone stock without body kits, toyota dagupan plates sa orchard golf and a white 86 sa coastal rd. from toyota dasma pero may bodykit na.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    TMPI has already released a statement that it discourages predatory pricing tactics for the 86. All you have to do is threaten the sales agent that you will report him to TMPI to get him to back off.
    Ha ha ha ha but will you win in the end and get a unit without the BS? The answer ... NO. The agent becomes the fall guy/girl. Toyota comes out clean.
    Buy it if you want it bad enough otherwise just walk away or wait.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I read the comments in the posted article above and some made a lot of sense. Its best to wait when the supply issues normalize. By then the 86 would be priced properly without any BS. 2013 would be a good year to get this car since supply would be a bit better by then.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Just to share my experiences on how this different Toyota branches deal with my inquiries regarding 86
    1) Pasong tamo: they don`t allow cash, insurance and chattel charges where 71,000 and 34,500 respectively (86, AT not Aero) 20% dp at interest of around 120T/year 4 year loan
    2) Makati branch: they have 2 available 86 At not aero - you can`t buy it cash, nor finance it thru bank. they will just sell it in house financing at minimum of 3 years at 20% DP PLUS You Have to buy the 86 kit worth 315K. They mention they intended to sell to the upper class or the Elite class, That`s BS
    3) Abad Santos Branch: same as Makati branch but they don`t mention of any kit needed to buy. (probably because they have no stock yet)

All of them would say that they will give the unit to the one who will provide the most profit for them, Dealer policy daw...( having reservations not guaranteed)

I already inquired to different banks regarding car loan for the 86, the average cost for the insurance ( with acts of Nature) 86 Mt = 41K (but i think this can stll be lowered) chattel mortgage = 14K, monthly interest usually is lower at around 2k to 3K / monthly from the Toyota Financial service...

I suggest that, we post here our experiences regarding their greedy and adsurb policies. Let them know that we know what they are doing....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's the golden rule... he who has the gold, makes the rules.
    sabi nga.. kung ayaw mo, walk out the door. go to the nearby casa and get a coupe. or a zz...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Well, a few months from now, the hype for this car will wane and supply and prices will be leveled.... problem is are you still interested to buy this?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jipi View Post
    Well, a few months from now, the hype for this car will wane and supply and prices will be leveled.... problem is are you still interested to buy this?
    yes. i'm the right age for a little old red porsche, but it's too expensive. 'to na lang..
    my last 2-door had an air-cooled engine..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    So far nawala narin ang excitement ko to buy this car lalo sa mga gimmick ng mga dealers just keeping my option open

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by karl2001 View Post
    So far nawala narin ang excitement ko to buy this car lalo sa mga gimmick ng mga dealers just keeping my option open
    Go get the Hyundai GC then!

It's one ***y beast in white or black.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Seriously, though... TMPI already stated they wouldn't stand for it or condone it, and they are generally serious about wanting to provide the best deals for their customers (hence the yearly Toyota Tent Event). Just get names and submit your complaints.

Might not get you an 86, though. But I suggest just going out to buy a BRZ. At least, since there's only one Motor Image, their pricing policy is set in stone.

Or you could get a Genesis V6. More power. More sound. More power. More luxury. More power. More power. More power...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...