New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    There's a blue one displayed * TQA. Had the chance to check it in & out. Ingress egress was pretty easy and the interior was simple as well. Clutch... well, hey it's softer than of the FDs but the rear seats are for luggage only. I'm 5'8" and I tried sitting in the back seat, it's pretty comfortable if the front seats are pushed the farthest but as it gets closer to you it gets really uncomfortable.

Price is 1.550M if I heard it right, manual unit. Showroom unit, no owner. The other one in stock, i'm not sure if it's reserved for someone already.

Was informed that only two units will be allotted per dealer until December. In TQAs case, one is for showroom display and the other one is stocked somewhere. I'm guessing additional units will be delivered by the 1st quarter of 2013. But until then, we'll hardly see any 86s on the road. For one, grey market units are expensive & second, local units are impossible to get hold of -- unless you have connections with someone inside.

But the 86 so far is one beautiful ride. Pictures don't do any justice. Though I must admit, I like how the pre-facelift Genesis Coupe better, looks wise. This 86 -- which I'm guessing is the base model -- is simply bland looking when compared with the Genesis. Have not yet seen the aero model.

Pics later.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    There is a black 86 on display at abad santos showroom since yesterday. I don't know if its new stock or the same unit they displayed a month ago (which is also color black).
    I tried to purchase that unit last month, even calling a cousin of the dealer, to no avail. And the most they could do is reserve a unit for the next batch. They don't even accept reservation, 'coz a friend of mine was turned down.
    " And no cash please"- according sa SA.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    I tried to purchase that unit last month, even calling a cousin of the dealer, to no avail. And the most they could do is reserve a unit for the next batch. They don't even accept reservation, 'coz a friend of mine was turned down.
    " And no cash please"- according sa SA.

That is B*LLSH*T...Hindi pa pwedeng isumbong sa DTI yang mga casa na yan? Ang alam ko dapat yung customer ang pipili kung cash or installment di ba?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post

That is B*LLSH*T...Hindi pa pwedeng isumbong sa DTI yang mga casa na yan? Ang alam ko dapat yung customer ang pipili kung cash or installment di ba?
    Pwede sir. Alam ko may certain manufacturers na na-probe dahil sa ganyang style.

DTI Probes Auto Industry, Dealers - Yahoo! News Philippines

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    Pwede sir. Alam ko may certain manufacturers na na-probe dahil sa ganyang style.

DTI Probes Auto Industry, Dealers - Yahoo! News Philippines
    Mabuti naman. Bakit kasi 'di puwede cash diba. naglagay pa sila ng cash price pero hindi naman pala puwede. Dapat may ruling na talaga DTI dito.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hmmmm...

If that's the case, paano kung sakaling nagpurchase ako ng 86 at sinabing for "terms" lang siya available, ano ba ang dapat nating gawin. Pwede ba tayo huminge ng black and white na docs na nagsasabi na ganito dapat at ipakita sa DTI ito?

Itong ginagawa nila ay malinaw na panlalamang sa kapwa!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010

this one has scion badges.. cool!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jubs00 View Post

this one has scion badges.. cool!
    its really a scion frs, grey market got it from the US. Mahal yan compared sa local 86, laki kasi ng tax.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ^ na bored ata owner neto para sa next batch. Any diff between the local 86 and the frs?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jubs00 View Post
    ^ na bored ata owner neto para sa next batch. Any diff between the local 86 and the frs?
    Medyo bare unit pa yung ibang inimport ng grey market, like manual a/c.