New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *niky,

Thanks very much for that enlightening explanation. May I suggest that it be made into a sticky thread under the Car Buying section? So other tsikoteers (aside from those who're interested only in this thread) would appreciate how car manufacturers and distributors determine pricing for various brands/nameplates in this market. Maybe under the heading, "Understanding Car Prices" or "FAQs on Car Prices". That way, each time someone asks, "Bakit ganyan ang presyo ng so-and-so?", they can easily be referred to the proper thread, and prevent other threads from going OT. Just a thought.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It would be an interesting article, but given how import prices change due to JPEPA, AFTA, official versus grey, duty-free Cagayan import cheating and the like, it might be too confusing for most. Plus most manufacturers will not be willing to share distributor pricing with outsiders. Much of the assumption of mark-up is guesswork. Sometimes cars are underpriced because the seller cheated on taxes... Or sometimes it's an introductory price to pump-prime the market... Or sometimes it's just a marketing gimmick to lure suckers... errh... customers into taking dealership financing at punishingly high rates per annum.

I'll consider building an Excel table. It won't be very accurate, but it should work out.

*fourtheboys. Given the Prius C starts at $19k, the AFV bill should lower the price to 1.0 to 1.1m pesos.
    Last edited by niky; July 25th, 2012 at 01:46 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    niky, based on the taxation schedule, it seems that for the Prius, only 15% shall apply.

but looking at the current price, the tax seems to be more than that.

possible that there are other taxes levied on imported vehicles other than what is provided in this specific tax code.

-------

I'll answer my own question hehehe

Chapter IV. Motor Vehicles, Boats & Yachts

So for a vehicle priced at Php1 million prior to tax, it will automatically have a Php400,000 customs duty.

then add another Php100,000 (at least) as VAT

then another Php150,000 (at least) Ad Valorem

From Php1 million to Php1.65 million. I wonder how the Prius C costs without the customs duty.
    Thought I posted... Mukhang nawala sa browser... Prius C starts at 19k US. add import and customs duties, that's around 1.22m pesos. So mark-up of 230k for base model? With tax breaks from the AFV bill, should go down to 1-1.1m retail.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Or sometimes it's just a marketing gimmick to lure suckers... errh... customers into taking dealership financing at punishingly high rates per annum.
    Mismo!!! ..........

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash
    *niky,

Thanks very much for that enlightening explanation. May I suggest that it be made into a sticky thread under the Car Buying section? So other tsikoteers (aside from those who're interested only in this thread) would appreciate how car manufacturers and distributors determine pricing for various brands/nameplates in this market. Maybe under the heading, "Understanding Car Prices" or "FAQs on Car Prices". That way, each time someone asks, "Bakit ganyan ang presyo ng so-and-so?", they can easily be referred to the proper thread, and prevent other threads from going OT. Just a thought.
    Basta eto na Lang, count every car that you see on the roads, chances are 30% to 50% of the value of that car napunta Lang sa gobyerno.

Tapos isipin nyo Yung mga Philippine AUvs and jeepneys, they are the ones responsible for the tariff or customs tax of 40% as Niky mentioned. Tariffs are in place to protect a local industry.

ngaun ko Lang naintindan kumbakit nag-display ng PHUV noon sa market market, tapos benta nila 500k daw sa garbage of a car na yun. That was not intended to promote Philippine ingenuity sa cars but to provide a minimum on the pricing of imported cars.

That's why after that press release, yun mga picanto, Getz na less than 400k biglang naging 500k+.

Ganyan tayo gamitin ng gobyerno at yan CAMPI

Yun pala SF ko na 1.5M eh ang halaga LNG eh 1M Tsk Tsk based on Niky's tax scheds. may tariff na, may ad valorem pa, syanga pala d panila gawin 12% yun evat eh yun naman dapat, nahiya pa

---

ngaun pala parang may nationalism pa yun pugad ni Enrile na nagdadala ng imported used cars dito na lagi tinitira ng CAMPi. this is what we should call the equalizer parang sa mga mapagsamantala na CAMPI na yan, na mahilig sa price cartel and manipulation.

tapos ngaun kakampi pa nila bangko, luring all those young call center agents to get those easy quick loans scheme. imagine a vios at 1M+ after full payment. tsk tsk, economic sabotage na ito ah, those young people ang suppose to be nagpapaikot ng pera sa atin and therefore may cash flow sa ibang industries, pero kinukuha na kagad netong mga greedy people na ito.

may karma yan.
    Last edited by pop3corn; July 25th, 2012 at 08:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2012

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006

Dorifto? Anybody?

Courtesy of Speedhunters

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006

Hachiroku neh!

Courtesy of Speedhunters

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    There is a black 86 on display at abad santos showroom since yesterday. I don't know if its new stock or the same unit they displayed a month ago (which is also color black).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    There is a black 86 on display at abad santos showroom since yesterday. I don't know if its new stock or the same unit they displayed a month ago (which is also color black).
    eto yung sa Abad Santos mismo