New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    You're that meticulous about the trasmission?

OT. What are you driving now?

I'm driving an AT and a manual...it's not about being meticulous, I'm after the new tech's these companies can offer...

What's the point of buying another conventional AT if I already have one, I like the manual but thinking about the everydays's traffic makes me think twice. This is the reason why I'm really eyeing for a DCT, para bang best of both words. Maganda rin sana CVT pero nakakatakot yung mga CVT...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post

Sana man lang kahit kagaya ng skyactive ng Mazda or a better CVT system na hindi kagaya ng Honda's CVT trannies.
    Ang kulit with the Skyactive AT ah - CONVENTIONAL AT pa rin yun. Same freakin' torque converter technology with a new name.

Does it deliver power better than other ATs? Having driven one, I'd have to say NO. For one, its stablemate, the Mazda 3 2.0R with the non-Skyactive 148 HP engine and 5-speed auto feels faster.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ang kulit with the Skyactive AT ah - CONVENTIONAL AT pa rin yun. Same freakin' torque converter technology with a new name.

Does it deliver power better than other ATs? Having driven one, I'd have to say NO. For one, its stablemate, the Mazda 3 2.0R with the non-Skyactive 148 HP engine and 5-speed auto feels faster.
    Akala ko alternick ng Mazda GDi yung Skyactiv

Googled the Skyactiv. Marami pala Skyactiv.

Hayaan niyo gusto ng DCT. Maiba naman daw. Pucha ang Lamborghini Gallardo nga hindi DCT.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    May SkyActiv kaldero na rin nga ko eh.

Yung makina medyo legit kasi mataas yung compression ratio tapos direct injection na. Pero hindi naman noticably mas magaan yung chassis (same weight pa rin as the slightly smaller gasoline Tucson or Sportage). Yung transmission, ganun pa rin naman yung responsiveness.

SKYACTIV just kicked in 'yo!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Yeah it has a torque converter, pero mas efficient ata yung lock up gear nun eh...So as of the moment hindi ko alam kasi hindi pa ako nakakapag-drive ng ganun. Pero kahit na dumating pa ang mga skyactive techs ng Mazda eh mag-aantay pa rin ako ng mga inputs ng mga users dito sa tsikot.Basa na rin ng reports all around the net. At syempre before buying one na talaga, test drive din ang importante.

Siguro naman ay hindi natin pwedeng i-compare yung mga Lambos dito kasi different category talaga yun.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    LFA nga hindi naka DCT eh. hehehe. Even the Aventador.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    *genesischain and hrtrob, how did the dealer get you to part with your money? I recall as early as June 21, the motoring press already reported that stocks were sold out. So I'm wondering what sort of enticements were presented to you. In any case, I hope you got your money back. Coz if it sits with the dealer, it earns interest for them and not for you. And niky's right. You should file a case with the DTI or the local courts. Which dealer is this by the way, so we know which one to be wary of.

Spot on with the interest idea guys, that was exactly what I was thinking of. JackFlash, I actually put down my deposit early May, which is too far off from the June call-off. This was with Toyota Bicutan, which I chose, thinking that it would get stocks since it's directly under TMPI, and they had the first few 86 there.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    Spot on with the interest idea guys, that was exactly what I was thinking of. JackFlash, I actually put down my deposit early May, which is too far off from the June call-off. This was with Toyota Bicutan, which I chose, thinking that it would get stocks since it's directly under TMPI, and they had the first few 86 there.
    I used to think that too (the dealer being under TMPI has more pulling power with unit allocation).

Bad experience there twice already. Avoid Fhei Arragon and Dexter Ulip at Sales.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post

I'm driving an AT and a manual...it's not about being meticulous, I'm after the new tech's these companies can offer...

What's the point of buying another conventional AT if I already have one, I like the manual but thinking about the everydays's traffic makes me think twice. This is the reason why I'm really eyeing for a DCT, para bang best of both words. Maganda rin sana CVT pero nakakatakot yung mga CVT...
    DCT are commonly found on high-end performance cars. You probably have to wait for the technology to trickle down to mass market cars.
    So mga 10 years kang di bibili ng kotse kung DCT ang hanap mo, yun naipon mo mabilbili mo ng pre-owned car na may DCT. Pero after10 years may mas hi-tech na transmission na compare sa DCT. Yun naman ang hahanapin mo. So the end of story is.......

FOREVER KA NA DI MAKAKABILI NG BAGONG KOTSE!!!!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    or you could insist that you be given a unit in the next batch of delivery without the price increase