New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It really is underpriced... At that price range, the mark-up after tax would be razor thin.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    I'm so tempted to buy this unit and I really like to just because of the porma... Pero nung nalaman ko yung klase ng AT transmission na mayron ito naturn-off ako...I would like to take the manual version but the problem is available lang ata yung lowest trim variant for the manual. Sana lang ay magkaroon sila ng full-spec'd variant na manual...
    What's wrong with the A/T?

Dahil hindi dual-clutch?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    im pretty sure Toyota would not honor the reservation system. read this link regarding the lamborghini aventador:
    22 year old is first in his country with a Lamborghini Aventador

in short, the 22 yr old paid an extra $71,000 to so that he could own the 1st Aventador in Saudi bypassing the reservation system since one has to wait 18 months... if they do that in Lamborghini, im pretty sure Toyota would do that too

Nope, i dont work for Toyota. in fact, we never owned a Toyota. All our cars are/were Hondas. The only exception, a 2012 Mitsu Pajero BK we purchased last March.

im sorry for both of you. but if i were in both of your shoes, i would wait for the 86
    So.. wouldn't it be a trade offense if they took reservation money, issued receipts, and then NOT honor their reservation system? That's clearly a DTI case for me won't you agree?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    So.. wouldn't it be a trade offense if they took reservation money, issued receipts, and then NOT honor their reservation system? That's clearly a DTI case for me won't you agree?
    Then file it.

It may be a problem on the dealer side... taking reservations without the guarantee from TMPI that they would receive said number of units... or a problem on the supply side, where Toyota in the US was unable to deliver the total number of units. In either case, the dealer has the responsibility to reimburse you your money...

If the law here were more protective of consumer rights, they should pay it back with interest.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *genesischain and hrtrob, how did the dealer get you to part with your money? I recall as early as June 21, the motoring press already reported that stocks were sold out. So I'm wondering what sort of enticements were presented to you. In any case, I hope you got your money back. Coz if it sits with the dealer, it earns interest for them and not for you. And niky's right. You should file a case with the DTI or the local courts. Which dealer is this by the way, so we know which one to be wary of.
    Last edited by JackFlash; July 17th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    you can file a complaint with DTI but in my opinion, its not worth the hassle....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    What's wrong with the A/T?

Dahil hindi dual-clutch?

Well, considering that it is already 2012 and most of the car manufacturers are designing new AT systems, just like Mazda, Toyota should have equip the FT86 with a newer version of AT tranny. The conventional AT trannies does provide smooth shifting, but it still very inefficient in transferring the power to the wheels. Sana man lang kahit kagaya ng skyactive ng Mazda or a better CVT system na hindi kagaya ng Honda's CVT trannies.

Although, I really like the engine...But i just read somewhere that Nissan is manufacturing a Jazz-like car which is supercharged...That's another car to look up to...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post

Well, considering that it is already 2012 and most of the car manufacturers are designing new AT systems, just like Mazda, Toyota should have equip the FT86 with a newer version of AT tranny. The conventional AT trannies does provide smooth shifting, but it still very inefficient in transferring the power to the wheels. Sana man lang kahit kagaya ng skyactive ng Mazda or a better CVT system na hindi kagaya ng Honda's

Although, I really like the engine...But i just read somewhere that Nissan is manufacturing a Jazz-like car which is supercharged...That's another car to look up to...
    You're that meticulous about the trasmission?

OT. What are you driving now?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    You're that meticulous about the trasmission?

OT. What are you driving now?
    Baka F1