New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    AFAIK they won't release/reserve new units. This is very fishy for TMPI, kulang na nga supply, naglabas pa sila ng mga showroom model? For what?

The 86 sells(actually sold out) with current marketing. Why market it more? At the expense of further cutting supplies by allocating units as showroom models. Common sense would say that they are intentionally doing this to justify a massive price hike.

I really hope this backfires at them, when the GC eats up majority of the market pie in this segment.
    ^Up to you if you want to waste your money. The Scion version starts at roughly 1.1m without expenditures, so that should be somewhat of a benchmark.

Anyway, most businessmen would probably like doing business with people like you who willingly gives away money.
    As for me, that's not my thing. Blatant manipulation and highway robbery is what this is and I'm not gonna be their fool.
    Parang galit ka sa Toyota ah.... why so affected?

Either you place a reservation next year for the 86 or buy a Hyundai GC tomorrow.....

Just like buyers of the limited edition Ferraris and Lamborghinis, customers either have to fall in line AND pay a hefty sum for the cars OR just buy Porsche 911 turbo as a substitute and have it delivered the next day.... the car industry is a business first and foremost.....

Majority of customers ordering the 86 wants the car as a 2nd car or a weekend car and not their daily driver so they can afford to pay in house financing AND wait at the same time. these people have BOTH time and money. Ganyan lang ka-simple yun.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    AFAIK they won't release/reserve new units. This is very fishy for TMPI, kulang na nga supply, naglabas pa sila ng mga showroom model? For what?

The 86 sells(actually sold out) with current marketing. Why market it more? At the expense of further cutting supplies by allocating units as showroom models. Common sense would say that they are intentionally doing this to justify a massive price hike.

I really hope this backfires at them, when the GC eats up majority of the market pie in this segment.
    That's exactly it. Marketing, and in marketing, the adage, "out of sight, out of mind" holds true. So TMP resorts to keeping a display unit for the ff. reaons:

1. Stocks are low, a predicament of Toyota all over the world. So they keep the consumer interested.

2. It helps that there's an icon brand in the showroom. It draws in the curious, and once they've checked out the 86, the salesman can direct them to other models in the line-up. For the 1st time in so many years, the words "Toyota" nand "exciting" can again be used in the same sentence.

3. Anticipating the competition: 2013 GC. Again, keep the sports coupe buyer interested in the 86 and keep him curious.

If one is in the market for a sports coupe under P2M, he has 2 choices: wait for stocks of the 86 to stabilize in 2013 or buy the current GC (knowing that an all-new model is coming). But if he decides to wait for the all-new model, then either way, he waits until 2013. And I'm pretty sure that when HARI launches the 2013 GC, one will have to be put on the waiting list anyway.

At the end of the day, the question will be, which one is worth the wait?
    Last edited by JackFlash; July 16th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post

Either you place a reservation next year for the 86 or buy a Hyundai GC tomorrow.....

Just like buyers of the limited edition Ferraris and Lamborghinis, customers either have to fall in line AND pay a hefty sum for the cars OR just buy Porsche 911 turbo as a substitute and have it delivered the next day.... the car industry is a business first and foremost.....

Majority of customers ordering the 86 wants the car as a 2nd car or a weekend car and not their daily driver so they can afford to pay in house financing AND wait at the same time. these people have BOTH time and money. Ganyan lang ka-simple yun.
    Yes, I have to admit that I am angry. This is because I was actually one of the few who reserved for this car early, but was not given a unit. I still have my reservation with them BTW. The question there for the validity of my frustration is whether TMPI followed and respected their own reservation system. So did they? Your guess is as good as mine.

I plan on using the 86 as a DD btw so I'm out of your 'majority'. And I don't think everyone who has time and money wants to spend half a year, and an extra 150k for a Toyota 86. I'm was supposed to pay for this cash btw. Financing makes a lot of difference.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Yes, I have to admit that I am angry. This is because I was actually one of the few who reserved for this car early, but was not given a unit. I still have my reservation with them BTW. The question there for the validity of my frustration is whether TMPI followed and respected their own reservation system. So did they? Your guess is as good as mine.

I plan on using the 86 as a DD btw so I'm out of your 'majority'. And I don't think everyone who has time and money wants to spend half a year, and an extra 150k for a Toyota 86. I'm was supposed to pay for this cash btw. Financing makes a lot of difference.
    Wow. I'd be upset too if I were in your shoes. Did you pay a reservation fee and did they refund you? And which dealer so we know which one to avoid?

In my case, I came across the PR articles that said all 77 units were accounted for. I went to the Alabang dealer to get more info and they confirmed that all units were bought by the dealers' VIPs during the launch, currently no stocks available, they couldn't take reservations, etc.

Is the P150K price increase confirmed?
    Last edited by JackFlash; July 16th, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i have all the time...so i will wait till kingdom come hahaha. beside i still dont have the money. so yes i will wait for

the BRZ

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post

I'm curious bro, do you work for Toyota? Just like genesischain, I too am pissed at the way TMPI handled the situation. I also put a 100k down payment early, and my money is still with the dealer. And I too am planning to daily drive the 86. And I would rather pay cash straight up than throw away money by financing in-house

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'm so tempted to buy this unit and I really like to just because of the porma... Pero nung nalaman ko yung klase ng AT transmission na mayron ito naturn-off ako...I would like to take the manual version but the problem is available lang ata yung lowest trim variant for the manual. Sana lang ay magkaroon sila ng full-spec'd variant na manual...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    I'm so tempted to buy this unit and I really like to just because of the porma... Pero nung nalaman ko yung klase ng AT transmission na mayron ito naturn-off ako...I would like to take the manual version but the problem is available lang ata yung lowest trim variant for the manual. Sana lang ay magkaroon sila ng full-spec'd variant na manual...
    Get the manual. Only difference lang naman is the red leather interior and the aero kit... Things you can add later. The base manual also has comfort access, push start, digital climate control, bixenon headlights with led DRL.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    The question there for the validity of my frustration is whether TMPI followed and respected their own reservation system. So did they? Your guess is as good as mine.
    im pretty sure Toyota would not honor the reservation system. read this link regarding the lamborghini aventador:
    22 year old is first in his country with a Lamborghini Aventador

in short, the 22 yr old paid an extra $71,000 to so that he could own the 1st Aventador in Saudi bypassing the reservation system since one has to wait 18 months... if they do that in Lamborghini, im pretty sure Toyota would do that too
    Quote Originally Posted by hrtrob View Post
    I'm curious bro, do you work for Toyota? Just like genesischain, I too am pissed at the way TMPI handled the situation. I also put a 100k down payment early, and my money is still with the dealer. And I too am planning to daily drive the 86. And I would rather pay cash straight up than throw away money by financing in-house
    Nope, i dont work for Toyota. in fact, we never owned a Toyota. All our cars are/were Hondas. The only exception, a 2012 Mitsu Pajero BK we purchased last March.

im sorry for both of you. but if i were in both of your shoes, i would wait for the 86

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    imho, tingen ko talaga underpriced ito. may mark-up ba talaga ang toyota dito. a car like this should be price like the Nissan 350Z territory.

puntahan nyo yun mga sportscars sa Autostrada sa Fort, halos kamukha na nito yun mga nakadisplay, more compact version nga lang.

ang susuwerte naman nun mga VIP na nakakauha ng units, VIP na nga sila pero parang sila pa naka-bargain.

this looks like a classic yun tipong 60's carrera pag yun bare unit.