New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I don't think it will be anything like the SiR. 1st is its too expensove for ricer wannabees. 2nd is supply will be very minimal as Toyota and Subaru IMO is doing a Harley. Always keeping supply below demand para mas may kilig factor.
    What i meant is it will be challenged alot on the road, especially by ricers in their econoboxes. Theres already someone here saying that it will be beaten by a focus tdci. And alot of them will brag about their encounters with the 86, on how many car length it fell behind. Though some encounters are just imaginations.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ginawang Santo yung Focus TDCi eh.

Tingnan natin kung magiging mainit ang pagtanggap ng grupo "nila" sa owners ng Toyota 86...

Yung next batch ng Toyota 86 baka daw next year na.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Yup next year pa according to toyota manila, and in-house financing pa ang gusto. And no exact timeline, thats why their not accepting money for reservation.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Went to Toyota Shaw to check out the 86 in the flesh.. All I can say is wow!! Its super ***y, super low, and super kilig... till I saw the back seat, hahaha, which should be called a back se-- coz its super sikip din! If I were single and there were units available then definitely will get the 86... but I'm a family guy so back seats are important to me as well, so I guess that's 1 less customer in the 86 line... Mustang o gen coupe na ang...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ginawang Santo yung Focus TDCi eh.

Tingnan natin kung magiging mainit ang pagtanggap ng grupo "nila" sa owners ng Toyota 86...

Yung next batch ng Toyota 86 baka daw next year na.

Grabe ka naman...I was comparing the transmission "A L O N E" PS vs AT(conventional)...I was hoping that the new 86 would have a similar transmission like the PS or like Mazda's skyactive AT...Pero conventional AT...Pang tatay...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post

Grabe ka naman...I was comparing the transmission "A L O N E" PS vs AT(conventional)...I was hoping that the new 86 would have a similar transmission like the PS or like Mazda's skyactive AT...Pero conventional AT...Pang tatay...
    Uh, conventional AT yung sa CX-5.

At pang-tatay na pala ang C63 AMG ngayon, naka-conventional AT eh.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ^Doesn't merc commonly have the image of catering to the market of midlife crisis blokes, not only in the PH, but in most other countries as well? Maski AMG pa sya?

I think erick_214's point is that, when you buy a car(more so for tuning), the transmission is a big part of the purchasing decision(unless you are a severely impulsive buyer, or just dumb with cash/credit) since it is one of the few points in the car that is very difficult to replace. These factors being the size, chassis, powertrain layout, etc.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why get an AT if you're gonna tune it beyond its limits anyway?

The C63 reportedly chose the slushbox over the SLS' dual clutch because the former is smoother:
    "Although the transmissions in the C63 and SLS boast seven forward ratios, the C63’s box is a conventional torque-converter automatic versus the SLS’s dual-clutch unit. The sedan’s gearbox works better, as toeing the throttle moves the C63 in the predictable, smooth fashion that only comes from whipping up transmission fluid in a torque converter. The SLS’s dual clutches may perform quicker shifts, but the electronic controls give this transmission a klutzy feel when it comes to pulling away from a stoplight and when changing out of reverse and into drive. The C63’s real automatic doesn’t ever trip or stumble, although we do wish the paddle shifters would accept requests for multiple gearchanges. Two quick pulls give you just one gear swap. You must wait for the change to be effected before you ask for the next. " Mercedes-Benz C-class Review: C63 AMG with Development Pack Test – Car and Driver

If the MT's clutch is as light as a Corollas then I'd like to assume that the engineers wanted the 86/BRZ to be a daily driven car that will do very well on track days.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Why get an AT if you're gonna tune it beyond its limits anyway?
    Yes, exactly my point when I said "the transmission is a big part of the purchasing decision....since it is one of the few points in the car that is very difficult to replace".

The conversation picked up with the A/T though so...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Not sure kung totoo, pero sa Clubhouse namin kagabi after the basketball game,- may bulung-bulungan na 2 raw homeowners namin ang mayroon na nito...

Makapag-walking nga mamayang gabi, at masilip ang mga garahe ng mga put3....

16.3K:shower: