New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kayang-kayang iwanan ng TDCI Focus AT yung FT86 AT...

FT86 is not built for speed.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Those Toyota people are cruel. There's a full page ad and review for the 86 in today's Phil Star and when I call to inquire, "no stock available" pa rin ang reply. That's like ogling at the Playmate of the Month. You can look but you can't have her.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post

Ginawa mo namang legendary yung Focus. Keep in mind that it's got much less horsepower and is heavier than the GT-86.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    An advantage in Torque will propel you fast in the beginning, But a high HP will prolly get you there faster.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ginawa mo namang legendary yung Focus. Keep in mind that it's got much less horsepower and is heavier than the GT-86.
    Even if (emphasis on "if") a Focus TDCI is faster than an 86, that's like saying "my sister cooks better than my girlfriend."
    Last edited by JackFlash; July 11th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post

Not really.

A Focus TDCi PS will almost... almost match an MX-5 for roll-on performance, but can't keep up with it.

A stock TDCi PS with "135 hp" (actually 150 hp), does 100 km/h in 8.7 seconds. The TDCi 6MT in around 8.3.

In my own tests, an MX-5 with 170 hp does 100 km/h in just 7.5 to 8 seconds.

The GT86 (the FT was the concept) has more torque and more horsepower than the MX5, and weighs some 200 kilograms less than the TDCi... it's a no-brainer which would be faster.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Why do i get the feeling the 86 will go same way as the SiR with plenty of haters, with the way some are comparing it with cars of different class. And I'm quite sure many will try to race it and post their exploits, and how they left the 86 behind using their econoboxes (whether true or otherwise is a different matter altogether)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Why do i get the feeling the 86 will go same way as the SiR with plenty of haters, with the way some are comparing it with cars of different class. And I'm quite sure many will try to race it and post their exploits, and how they left the 86 behind using their econoboxes (whether true or otherwise is a different matter altogether)
    I don't think it will be anything like the SiR. 1st is its too expensove for ricer wannabees. 2nd is supply will be very minimal as Toyota and Subaru IMO is doing a Harley. Always keeping supply below demand para mas may kilig factor.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I don't think it will be anything like the SiR. 1st is its too expensove for ricer wannabees. 2nd is supply will be very minimal as Toyota and Subaru IMO is doing a Harley. Always keeping supply below demand para mas may kilig factor.
    Yerp. Can't afford nyan ang mga matatabang kalbo na naka japeyks na Oakley.

Joke lang.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not really their fault. Supply is very limited due to large demand elsewhere. Same problem with the Explorer, XV and CX5.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...