New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    parang sa cellphone lang yan, maganda nga ang cp wala naman pang load.
    reminds me of some call center agents that has all the latest gadgets pero naka tira pa din sa parents tapos pag nakita mo sa mga gimikan or mall kala mo kung sinong mayaman maka porma at pa english english pa pero laman ng wallet pang commute na lang pauwi.:bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Us mere mortals couldn't have been able to queue up and order properly even if we wanted to. Accdg to the SA I talked to, the 77 units were distributed among TMP's major dealers. The dealers then offered the units to their respective VIP clients who were either invited to the Subic launch or given exclusive viewing sessions. VIPs lapped up the cars and ordinary mortals are left dreaming.

Teasing with an attractive price at launch stage then increasing it the following year isn't just a Toyota trait. All car companies have done this at one point or another. Having said that, the price increase, if in that range, probably won't bother the fanbois. Just look at the buyers of that overpriced roadster called MX-5. I'm guessing that the same will hold true for the GT86. The rarer the toy, the more exclusive the perception. Pragmatists will just walk away and consider other options.
    Dude you have a nice point about the fanbois shrugging off that 155k (which put's the car in the 1.7m-1.8m range) IF they have the money, which I think most fanbois can't say. For me, I just can't allow myself to be their fool, so I'm probably off to go prospect hunting again. Anyway Toyota promises that there will be constant releases of other versions in the years to come so.. take that mindless sheeple!

It's funny though how some people somehow think this is the holy grail, and the way TMP capitalizes on it.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    reminds me of some call center agents that has all the latest gadgets pero naka tira pa din sa parents tapos pag nakita mo sa mga gimikan or mall kala mo kung sinong mayaman maka porma at pa english english pa pero laman ng wallet pang commute na lang pauwi.:bwahaha:
    Marami namang nakatira sa parents nila, kahit may kotse na, kahit nagtatrabaho na.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with it if you contribute in some way. Some people wanna move out right away and wouldn't mind renting their own place, others would love to be with their families longer while saving up for a house of their own. Nothing wrong with either.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    what's wrong with living with parents?
    some tycoons live in one big compound/ residence with their parents.... a close friend of mine, the wealthiest family in Intramuros still lives with his parents and grandmother until the latter passed away. come to think of it, my friend is already married with his own family.

i lived in the US for 6 years and yes it is frowned upon there. but we are Chinoy/Filipinos and multigenerational household dwelling is the norm here in the Philippines.... in fact, i encourage it as it fosters closer family ties. the only time it is not advisable is if there are irreconcilable differences among family members....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    there's nothing wrong with it if you have a nice house but some of those i mentioned have a very small house, some of their houses are 3 bedroom houses but there's atleast 8-10 people in it. i pity them because instead of saving up to have their house renovated or buy a bigger house, they instead buy the latest gadgets that they don't really need just to be in the "in crowd".

there is no reason for 2-3 families to live under the same roof, i've seen people live in a bedroom where if you stretch your hands you can reach both ends of their bedroom. who would want to live in a place like that? sorry but unless you have a house that can actually fit the people you plan to let live in it, in my opinion if you have a job then you should move it to give space to your parents.

basta for me no matter how big your parents house are, once you have a family you have to have your own house no matter what.
    Last edited by foresterx; July 3rd, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Nagrereklamo pa kayo, ang mura na nga lang ng gas ngayon. 50 na lang yung Blaze, last year 60 yan.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    there's nothing wrong with it if you have a nice house but some of those i mentioned have a very small house, some of their houses are 3 bedroom houses but there's atleast 8-10 people in it. i pity them because instead of saving up to have their house renovated or buy a bigger house, they instead buy the latest gadgets that they don't really need just to be in the "in crowd".

there is no reason for 2-3 families to live under the same roof, i've seen people live in a bedroom where if you stretch your hands you can reach both ends of their bedroom. who would want to live in a place like that? sorry but unless you have a house that can actually fit the people you plan to let live in it, in my opinion if you have a job then you should move it to give space to your parents.

basta for me no matter how big your parents house are, once you have a family you have to have your own house no matter what.
    Some people find more happiness in buying gadgets than in saving up for a better place to live in. Short-sighted, yes, but the point of life is to be happy right?

I'm sure that those people don't feel miserable about having an iPad/iPhone/iStone even if they barely have a proper place to live in.

In a consumer safari I was part of during my stint in a multinational FMCG, we had a subject that had a PS3 and 7 orig games, yet lived in a house less than 20 sq. meters in size. Was he miserable? Quite the contrary.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I doubt that the price will increase by 10% agad... it doesn;t make any sense, since the idea of the 86 is "affordable" sports car. This is not like the Fortuner when first released that people had to pay more just to get a unit. The 86 is still considered to be a low volume vehicle since it can only seat 2 people and 2 kids at most.

Once the initial fan fare dies down I expect to see more supply for this car. Considering that the V6 Mustang is coming, and the BRZ, and the new Gen Coupe... Luckily, I'm in the marekt for a toy only toward early next year...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    Dude you have a nice point about the fanbois shrugging off that 155k (which put's the car in the 1.7m-1.8m range) IF they have the money, which I think most fanbois can't say. For me, I just can't allow myself to be their fool, so I'm probably off to go prospect hunting again. Anyway Toyota promises that there will be constant releases of other versions in the years to come so.. take that mindless sheeple!

It's funny though how some people somehow think this is the holy grail, and the way TMP capitalizes on it.
    Interestingly, the current prices of the GT86 vs. the 2012 Gen Coupe 2.0GL would be:
    GT-86 MT: P1.55 | GC MT: P1.654 (and let's not forget the entry model * P1.398)
    GT-86 AT: P1.65 | GC AT: P1.758
    ... making the GT-86 an attractive proposition at the moment.

If the GT-86 price goes up to the P1.7-1.8M range, the balance gets tilted in favor of the current GC. But when the 2013 GC is launched, its price might also be raised, as experienced in the US where it went up to + US$2000 vs. the 2012 model. If HARI plays its cards right and keeps the increase at a minimum, they just might be able to steal Toyota 86's thunder.

Whatever happens, I think 2013 will be an interesting year for those interested in so-called "affordable" sports coupes. Will TMP increase the price of the 86 by 10%? Will the BRZ come in at the same price range? How much will the 2013 GC be? And in my dreams, will the success of these coupes encourage Honda to revive the S2000 and slap Mazda to come to their senses and decrease the price of the MX-5?

Abangan...
    Last edited by JackFlash; July 4th, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    The lack of supply will definitely go against tmp. When supplies kicked in, theres already quite a number of competitors in the segment/ market