New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Wow, sold out... I guess I'll default to just wait for the arrival of the BRZ STi version next year... Otherwise just purchase an Impreza WRX STi. More horsepower, more space, more doors. I hope Toyobaru fixes the supply issue soon...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    Where did you get that idea? The GC 2.0T is faster on the track. And if you say FT86, that's the concept car LOL.
    Pardon the ignorance then. I haven't driven either on track and I haven't read any comparisons of the two cars' track performance.

I was under the impression that the GT-86's lighter and more nimble chassis would make it a better track day car than the Genesis Coupe which is more of a G37 than a 370Z - that is, not primarily designed to be a track god.

In any case, I'd still like a 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Check out C!'s July issue, 86 vs gc comparison!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    *jut703

Sure. Anyway, look how the GC 2.0T outperforms the BRZ (essentialy the 86 too) in the track and most measurable performance stats. The BRZ only shines on the "Subjective" categories, which is obviously, subjective. Which may also be due to a placebo effect (from all the hype, OR bashing in the case of the GC).

Anyway, I still want an 86. The wait is killing me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    *jut703

Anyway, I still want an 86. The wait is killing me.
    Any update on the waiting list?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MUTTLEY View Post
    Any update on the waiting list?
    News is that only 77 86s have been alloted for the Philippines for the entire year, and all have been spoken for already.

I just realized how important the GT-86 is for Toyota, as it's the only car in their lineup that can make Toyota a covetable brand again. Hopefully it produces a halo effect that would change the perception that Toyotas are mere appliances.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    when it comes to pushing a car over it's limits, it requires an experience and training that is a lot different than your 10-20 years experience of daily driving.
    Or hundreds of "seat" hours accumulated via Gran Turismo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    News is that only 77 86s have been alloted for the Philippines for the entire year, and all have been spoken for already.

I just realized how important the GT-86 is for Toyota, as it's the only car in their lineup that can make Toyota a covetable brand again. Hopefully it produces a halo effect that would change the perception that Toyotas are mere appliances.
    The problem... when the Subaru BRZ comes out later this year, that demand might suddenly disappear.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange View Post
    Got mine two days ago. I had already booked a Peugeot 308CC but when I found out they launched it here on June 1st I just had to cancel the Pug and get this one.

Had to pull some strings to get one this fast, and even then they could only get me a basic A/T model because the top-range A/T would have me waiting until end of July. Haven't had time to take proper pics.

hmm.. eto lang ang pics na pinost dito na talaga nagandahan ako dito sa T86 ah. yun mga post kasi dito parang may mali sa pics.

pero this one, almost perfect! maybe bec. this is the simplest model. no kits, no spoilers. I like this very much. parang bagong fairlady. swerte mo naman pictorange, siguro pulitiko ka dyan no?

definitely this one made it to my dream cars now. it looks small and compact based on the pics if i'm to compare sa gc. and now parang naiinis na ako, bakit 77 lang allotted d2!
    Last edited by pop3corn; June 27th, 2012 at 02:59 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I was buying the GT86, I would be getting the base model without all the body and aero kits. A nice clean car with ***y lines.