New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Meron nga nagppicture kanina, naghahabol kasi ako sa oras kaya hindi ko na binaba at tinignan inside out. Pag may free time nalang try ko bumalik hehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'd get the FT-86 over the Genesis Coupe 2.0. But if it's the 3.8 V6, mas gusto ko yung GC.

The FT-86 may be faster around a track, but the facelifted GC is just more stunning for me. Better highway cruiser too.
    Where did you get that idea? The GC 2.0T is faster on the track. And if you say FT86, that's the concept car LOL.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    Where did you get that idea? The GC 2.0T is faster on the track. And if you say FT86, that's the concept car LOL.
    yup, the gc is faster. the 86 wasn't built to be fast it was built to show people that you can still have fun with a car without needing too much power.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marion2 View Post
    Order basis pa ata yung mga 86 kaya wala pa rin display sa mga showroom, BTW San ba ako pwede makahingi maski brochure lang ng 86 kase selected Casa's lang daw meron?
    Nakakuha ako sa Toyota Alabang. Not quite a brochure but a back-to-back full color spec sheet with nice photos. But since the 86 is sold out, the only purpose for the brochure is pamaypay on a hot day.

I thought yabang lang yung claim na selling like hotcakes all over the world. Top Gear Australia says it's also sold out down under, all 400 units as of May 2012: Toyota 86

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    yup, the gc is faster. the 86 wasn't built to be fast it was built to show people that you can still have fun with a car without needing too much power.

Yup, The 86 was meant to have more of a balance of a good chassis and "adequate" HP. Something to use to learn how to push a car's dynamics without killing the driver with too much HP under the hood.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Yup, The 86 was meant to have more of a balance of a good chassis and "adequate" HP. Something to use to learn how to push a car's dynamics without killing the driver with too much HP under the hood.
    In other words, para kay Richard Gutierrez.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    In other words, para kay Richard Gutierrez.
    Well, actually it's a sports car for 99% of us "normal" drivers.

Given what we practically spent all of our driving life in a FWD econo-sedan, an ubber powerful RWD sports car would probably end up getting us killed if we tried to power through the first corner. It happened to me when I drove a Nissan 200SX years ago and it doesn't take much to get the rear to slide too.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    seen that happen a lot gh. guys who never drove a rwd sports car or any real sports car (no your SiR isn't a sports car) at all and daily drive a fwd econo box, thinks his experience and years of driving is enough to drive fast and push the car to it's limits. ayon usually 1st corner oversteer agad. :bwahaha: di porket 10-20 years na kayo nag drive ibig sabihin pwede na kayo kumarera. when it comes to pushing a car over it's limits, it requires an experience and training that is a lot different than your 10-20 years experience of daily driving.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    seen that happen a lot gh. guys who never drove a rwd sports car or any real sports car (no your SiR isn't a sports car) at all and daily drive a fwd econo box, thinks his experience and years of driving is enough to drive fast and push the car to it's limits. ayon usually 1st corner oversteer agad. :bwahaha: di porket 10-20 years na kayo nag drive ibig sabihin pwede na kayo kumarera. when it comes to pushing a car over it's limits, it requires an experience and training that is a lot different than your 10-20 years experience of daily driving.
    I agree with you both. Just being facetious about the R. Gutierrez remark. He can afford five 86s and practice with them til he can let loose in a Nissan GTR again. In the case of owning sports or performance cars, I don't know if it's just me coz I seem to have seen more WRX STi's, Porsches, even BMW X5s being flogged on the skyway than Gen Coupes. I guess the "normal" guy who goes for a sub P2M sports coupe would rather experience the joy of cruising rather than speeding.
    Last edited by JackFlash; June 27th, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    I agree with you both. Just being facetious about the R. Gutierrez remark. He can afford five 86s and practice with them til he can let loose in a Nissan GTR again. In the case of owning sports or performance cars, I don't know if it's just me coz I seem to have seen more WRX STi's, Porsches, even BMW X5s being flogged on the skyway than Gen Coupes. I guess the "normal" guy who goes for a sub P2M sports coupe would rather experience the joy of cruising rather than speeding.

Driving a super car on a straight piece of concrete is relatively easy.

It takes skill and experience to make a car handle through the twisties.

And a great handling car need not to be expensive and full of driving "aids".