New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliestacio View Post
    hi, i also got the vios j 2010 last may 6, and i immediatly replaced the stock rims to 17inch. Im also experiencing very low fuel consumption. 500 lagi ang pinapagas ko so thats 11.11 liters more or less then i reset the trip meter every time i gas up. 80km lang ang tinatakbo ubos nanaman ang 11liter? i only get 7.2km/L pure city driving. The car only has 1,400km reading and i recently had the 1st 1,000 check up, ganun parin consumption. is it because of the 17Inch mags? hindi kaya ng 1.3 engine ang bigat ng mags? or break in talaga ang solution? and my ofice is exactly 2km from our house, does short distance travel affect fuel consumption? thanks
    your mags will affect your fc. anyway, yung 80km mo, lagpas pa diyan ang actual na itinakbo mo dahil nag-iba na ang reading nang odo mo. please use tire calculator (search sa google). makikita mo doon ang difference from stock tires to your new tires.

isa pa, bagong-bago pa rin ang Vios niyo sir, try niyo lang i-break in minsan sa sctex or even slex/nlex lang.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Short distance city trips will really affect your fuel consumption. Try nyo minsan mahabaan na trips kahit sa City lang. Aabot ng 10+ yan. Kapag sa hway more or less 14.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Tested my wife's 2010 Vios E 1.3 AT. (all stock)

city/highway mixed cycle: 12kms/litre
    highway: 18kms/litre

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Tested my wife's 2010 Vios E 1.3 AT. (all stock)

city/highway mixed cycle: 12kms/litre
    highway: 18kms/litre
    ano secret mo sir to get this high FC? I have the same car

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    as far as i know the secret ay nasa driver mismo.

minsan kasi malakas umapak sa gas pedal.

meron akong napapansin lagi sa mga driver sa kalsada. pagnag go na ang signal light, para mabilis agad makatakbo aapakan ng malalim ang gas pedal tapos shift sa 2nd gear.
    or pagnag pa-park naman, puro rebolusyon ang ginagawa bago makapasok sa parking space.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ann jelynne View Post

However, i have very short trip in a day. And yes, always trafic. A 2.5km trip from my house to work will take 30 to 45 mins. Maybe this is a big factor.

I try to take longer trip. Maybe Tagaytay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Parang greenhills to shangrila na distance yan for a 30min drive. Good thing di ka nag SUV or mga 4km/L lng yan.
    I used my SF everyday as shuttle for my kids at school. 3KM approx (school and back home) and due to that distance my FC also suffer to 6.9km/L to 7.5km/L so I think that is the reason why for your VIOS

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    as far as i know the secret ay nasa driver mismo.

minsan kasi malakas umapak sa gas pedal.

meron akong napapansin lagi sa mga driver sa kalsada. pagnag go na ang signal light, para mabilis agad makatakbo aapakan ng malalim ang gas pedal tapos shift sa 2nd gear.
    or pagnag pa-park naman, puro rebolusyon ang ginagawa bago makapasok sa parking space.
    Hindi naman nasa driver lang. Pero malaking-malaking factor ito. As a matter of fact, when I changed my driving style from mostly-aggressive to mostly-mild, I gained 2km/liter in EFFICIENCY!

*oliestacio: your regular runs are even worse than mine. I travel 4 to 5 kms one-way everday, averaging 15-20 KPH only, using an Avanza 2007 G 1.5L A/T and I get 8.5 to 10km per liter, but usually closer to 8.5 and only seldom get closer to 10 when I mix in a few long range runs.

My best so far was 14.5 km per liter in one of 3 runs during my family vacation from Pampanga to Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte.

I am sure I can still squeeze in a few more KPL's in efficiency if I drive 95% expressway.

BTW, do not confuse Fuel CONSUMPTION with Fuel EFFICIENCY. Many people do so. They say they get low consumption when they mean high consumption/low efficiency. When you say KM PER LITER, that's EFFICIENCY. When you say LITERS per Kilometer (or per 100km) that's CONSUMPTION -- after all, your car CONSUMES gas by the liter, not by the kilometer. Anybody here ever heard of 10 kilometers of gasoline?

[SIZE=1]27/3,846[/SIZE]
    Last edited by woohoo; July 14th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ann jelynne View Post
    I know that driving habits can affect the FC but i did not know that it can affect that much.
    However, i have very short trip in a day. And yes, always trafic. A 2.5km trip from my house to work will take 30 to 45 mins. Maybe this is a big factor.
    Mas grabe pala sa akin yung trips mo. Okey na yung 7km/liter diyan. 30minutes for 2.5km means you average only 5KPH! 7km/liter is already a great figure with that average speed.

[size=1]28/3,847[/size]

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Its mostly "mild" driving ... I noticed that the Vios (2010) has a very sensitive accelerator pedal (drive-by-wire na ata ito?) ... So you would just have to lightly step on the gas to gain momentum .... Takes sometime getting used to it .... Lalo na if you came from driving cars that have mechanical linkages from the go-pedal to the engine..

The ones I posted are the results from my driving .... My wife's FC could/should be a bit lower since she's still "learning" on how to modulate the accelerator ..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Its mostly "mild" driving ... I noticed that the Vios (2010) has a very sensitive accelerator pedal (drive-by-wire na ata ito?) ... So you would just have to lightly step on the gas to gain momentum .... Takes sometime getting used to it .... Lalo na if you came from driving cars that have mechanical linkages from the go-pedal to the engine..

The ones I posted are the results from my driving .... My wife's FC could/should be a bit lower since she's still "learning" on how to modulate the accelerator ..
    Ah thanks! Ganito rin style ko in driving at napansin ko mataas nga FC ko

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2010 Vios bad fuel consumption