New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Re: 2010 vios - after 6 mos. per toyota pudpud na raw yung brake pads

2010 VIOS? wORN-out brake pad? Sir i have to vios 2010 & almost 7mons na sa akin pero wla pa ako na encounter related sa brake pad..... or other cases na sira. Actually mag 10k na odo meter 40km a day ang travel.... bahay, offis.
    Observe mo yong driving habits baka naman kasi pag nag brake po kayo eh naka sagad? O Down hill lagi daan nyo jehehe kaya na worn-out agad.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Ang bilis naman mapudpod nyan sir.. My Lancer 2007 with 58k mileage still has the stock Pads.. and according to casa ok pa daw and baka next pms pa lang palitan at 65k...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    *GH: How about mine?

2010 Vios 7 mos with already 23000kms on the odo? hehehehe.
    I assume you live rather far from work and home and travel by expressway.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sinabihan din ako ng SA sa toyota about my pads then pina check ng father ko sa kakilalang mekaniko makapal pa daw

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why don't you interact with the mechanics sa toyota marikina. See if totoong pudpod na yun pads. yun sa likod naman if may sumingit na small stone, more on flat and small stone, makikita mo mag mark yun sa rotor. Masyadong maliit almost none ang clearance between the pads and the rotor for a stone to get lodged in. I experienced this when going offroading lalo na sa pinatubo area, but we are talking about lahar sand here . Pero dito sa city almost nill ang chance mo nito. Even if you drive fast and brake hard (in manila traffic you gotta be kidding) those pads would have last way longer than 9,000km in your car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    *GH: yup.

Qc to Valenzuela everyday and with clients from Batangas and Tarlac.

Going back to topic, I am a proof that 9000kms is too green to change pads already. FYI, my pads are still great at 23000kms.

Escalate the issue to Toyota's higher office if it wouldnt be fixed asap.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    clearly driving habits. you can't clock a 9k odo reading in 6 months on city driving only.

of course highway ang takbuhan nito, maraming hard breaking. and sa mga nagsabi nang odometer nila dito, wala sa itinakbo iyan, sa driving habits/braking style nang driver ang factor dito.

I have a 02 adventure with 73k odo, halos 30% palang ang napupudpod. dont tell me mas matibay lang talaga ang brake pads nang mitsu or mas makapal. of course not, nasa driving habits lang kasi iyan.

sa sobrang tagal maupod, pinalitan ko na nga eh this year lang, heavy pms schedule ko kasi kaya isinama ko na rin sa pinalitan (or let me say nakabili na ako nang brake pads ayun pala makapal pa talaga yung orig brake pads ko).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    *GH: yup.

Qc to Valenzuela everyday and with clients from Batangas and Tarlac.

Going back to topic, I am a proof that 9000kms is too green to change pads already. FYI, my pads are still great at 23000kms.

Escalate the issue to Toyota's higher office if it wouldnt be fixed asap.
    Like I said, it depends.

My corolla gets through it's brake pads in every 7000 to 10000 km. Nearly all that is city driving in Metro Manila.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    mga pre, i respect your respective opinions.. but you see iam just a normal city driver who drives according to what the traffic condition offers - i drive fast or drive slow depending on the circumstances. and more importantly, i dont drive too fast then will suddenly step on the brakes. only neophyte drivers do such thing. ive been driving for over a decade now.

moreso, based on your arguments (well some of you), if it is a driving habit then why is it that this did not happen in my first car (mitsubihishi 02)?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    [quote=ben_david19;1513476]clearly driving habits. you can't clock a 9k odo reading in 6 months on city driving only.

of course highway ang takbuhan nito, maraming hard breaking. and sa mga nagsabi nang odometer nila dito, wala sa itinakbo iyan, sa driving habits/braking style nang driver ang factor dito.

pre - there was only one time when i drove to pampanga.. that was it. (actually, that was the first time i heard the "sound" in my breaks...) it is all city driving (QC to Makati, then Makati to QC - everyday)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2010 vios - after 6 mos. per toyota pudpud na raw yung brake pads