New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    not sure if this is the right forum, if not, please move nalang po mods

ano po ba bagay na mags n tire size for the new camry? white pearl color. ideally, i'd like to stick to the original 205/55 R17 like that of the 3.5Q's, but i would consider upgrading to 18in. as well. can anyone please recommend the ideal tire size if ever i do get 18s? as much as possible, i'd like to keep the car's ride and handling characteristics unchanged, so anything over 18 is pretty much out of the question already. also to avoid the risk of having a 'matagtag' na ride na rin. and lastly, would i have to drop the car if ever i stick to the 18s? wouldnt the car look kinda 'elevated' if i dont? please post pics na rin po. thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sayang naman ata if you drop a brandnew camry...antay ka nalang muna after 1-2yrs bago modify yan IMO..

if you opt for 18" tires, perhaps 225/45 R18 or 225/50 R18 pwede na, limutan ko ung link for tire computation e..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sir, try to use the tire calculator sa www.miata.net.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ya, im really against dropping the car as well. just wanted to get other people's opinion since i know that regardless of whatever i decide to do with the car, i'd already be biased, after all love your own diba? do you have pictures of camrys with upgraded rims? i've seen concept one's and most of their pics sport 20s, i set the limit at 18 e, anything bigger's much too bling na for my taste

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    ya, im really against dropping the car as well. just wanted to get other people's opinion since i know that regardless of whatever i decide to do with the car, i'd already be biased, after all love your own diba? do you have pictures of camrys with upgraded rims? i've seen concept one's and most of their pics sport 20s, i set the limit at 18 e, anything bigger's much too bling na for my taste

www.cardomain.com
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 4th, 2007 at 06:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    sayang naman ata if you drop a brandnew camry...antay ka nalang muna after 1-2yrs bago modify yan IMO..

if you opt for 18" tires, perhaps 225/45 R18 or 225/50 R18 pwede na, limutan ko ung link for tire computation e..
    Ditto on both items. I dropped my Gen 5 Camry 3 years after I had gotten it or after the warranty period had lapsed. Ride is not the same as stock, but hey, form factor is a big plus. I don't think, however, that on new (Gen 6) Camry will look too tall if you slap bigger rims on it, unlike the Gen 5, so there's probably a little less reason to drop it eventually.

The 225/45r18 should be a good size for your Camry. 50 series might be too tall. 40 series is too short.

2007 camry wheels