New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    nakakita na nga ako ng titanium silver na camry LE gwaping nga, parang lexus na ang styling hindi katulad ng previous model na pang lolo ang porma.
    Camry LE

Lexus like? ...you should see the ASEAN/Taiwan Camry...
    ASEAN Camry

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Agh... don't tease me... Altima SE-R... drooooooollll...

True, the SE-R is ridiculously expensive, but even the SE is supposed to be a rocket. There are quite a few stories amongst the Nissan groups of stock Altimas smoking stock 350Zs....

***sigh*** too bad the Altima will never get here. We might get the Maxima in 2.5 and 3.0 trim, but the Altima seems destined to never see our shores.
    My co-worker has a Nissan Altima SE and she told me that his husband drives the Altima SE-R, just yesterday I saw him with his SE-R, with good looking set of rims. I think there's an All new Altima coming out soon.
    Last edited by Camgen6; June 2nd, 2006 at 10:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    Camry LE

Lexus like? ...you should see the ASEAN/Taiwan Camry...
    ASEAN Camry
    The Asian Camry is definitely a lot better looking, more Lexus like than the USDM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Agh... don't tease me... Altima SE-R... drooooooollll...

True, the SE-R is ridiculously expensive, but even the SE is supposed to be a rocket. There are quite a few stories amongst the Nissan groups of stock Altimas smoking stock 350Zs....

***sigh*** too bad the Altima will never get here. We might get the Maxima in 2.5 and 3.0 trim, but the Altima seems destined to never see our shores.
    The Altima SE-R's are still pretty rare. The one that smoked me is so new it still had its dealer plates. The Altima SE-R also had enough revised body cladding to differentiate it from the regular SE V6. It's pretty mean looking from a rear view mirror. The 3.5 SE is fairly common. But, I noticed that many of those I've seen at parking lots have A/T which negates it's performance advantage although it's still good. The Altima 3.5 SE was my 2nd choice after the Mazda 6 V6. But, my wife got turned off by it when her Pinay friend's 3.5 SE had to be towed from home to the dealer's garage because of engine problems (and it's not even a year old).......

As for the Maxima, I don't like the USDM one. I prefer the previous gen Maxima which was the same dimensions as the Altima is now.

If a M/T Altima 3.5 SE goes up against an A/T 350z, then the Altima may have a good chance of beating the 350z. But, M/T Altima vs M/T 350z? I'd take the 350z any day.

Anyway, I'll head this back On Topic:

Since we're taking USDM here, I would also consider the 4-cylinder Altima which has 175hp in addition to those other cars. Plus, there's the Ford Fusion and Pontiac G6, not to mention the European midsize sedans, to add to the mix. One good thing around here is that the midsize segment is the most hotly contested of any car segment.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Boss Juan aka Pekto,

Speaking of Ford Fusion, di ba mga Mazda 6 yan sir? every day I see them they just keep looking better and better, especially the butt end, looks like the 06 Accords with Euro tail lights. Also, have you seen the all new 2006.5 Kia Optima? I think it shares the same platform as the Hyundai Sonata.

Also, nice ang pix ng Sonata mo with RP flag up front.
    Last edited by Camgen6; June 3rd, 2006 at 01:51 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... patriotic nga si Jun... kaya nasa Tsikot.

RE: Altimas... the stories are of MT versus MT. AT, both cars are quoted stock at under 7 seconds. MT, both have been tested to about 5.6-5.8... thus, a better driver in an Altima can trounce a 350Z given a good start. Obviously, the Alty, even in SE-R form, would be left far behind once the road gets twisty... but at the stoplight, it's embarrasing for the Z. (That's my last off-topic).

Back on topic... hotly contested nga yung midsize segment in the US, but I've been hearing from some people over there that the V6s are suffering in terms of sales due to gas prices... V6 Accords of all things.

So, if you really want a V6 (this is for ReDiesel), now is probably a good time to get one, as financing and bonuses on these models should be at an all-time high.
    Last edited by niky; June 3rd, 2006 at 02:24 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    The Altima SE-R's are still pretty rare. The one that smoked me is so new it still had its dealer plates. The Altima SE-R also had enough revised body cladding to differentiate it from the regular SE V6. It's pretty mean looking from a rear view mirror. The 3.5 SE is fairly common. But, I noticed that many of those I've seen at parking lots have A/T which negates it's performance advantage although it's still good. The Altima 3.5 SE was my 2nd choice after the Mazda 6 V6. But, my wife got turned off by it when her Pinay friend's 3.5 SE had to be towed from home to the dealer's garage because of engine problems (and it's not even a year old).......

As for the Maxima, I don't like the USDM one. I prefer the previous gen Maxima which was the same dimensions as the Altima is now.

If a M/T Altima 3.5 SE goes up against an A/T 350z, then the Altima may have a good chance of beating the 350z. But, M/T Altima vs M/T 350z? I'd take the 350z any day.

Anyway, I'll head this back On Topic:

Since we're taking USDM here, I would also consider the 4-cylinder Altima which has 175hp in addition to those other cars. Plus, there's the Ford Fusion and Pontiac G6, not to mention the European midsize sedans, to add to the mix. One good thing around here is that the midsize segment is the most hotly contested of any car segment.
    i was just at a Ford dealership yesterday looking for a car for my erpat-in-law. i did notice a number of altima 3.5s (more than any other models) sa used car lot nila which makes me wonder. anyway, the SE-R only have 10 HPS and 2 LBS of torque advantage over the 3.5 SE, but add to that a tweaked ECU, 6-Speed tranny, upgraded suspension and brakes, a more aggressive exhaust note, and the $2k difference in price may be just worth it. a 350Z beater? maybe...i find it interesting that the 350Z, much like the BMW 3-series, has become the bogey for many performance comparos. even Subaru has an ad stating that a Forester XT can beat a 350Z with 5 passengers in it (based on one test done by car and driver where they probably abused the heck out of the XT's clutch, he-he). i've had a couple of encounters with 350Zs and i haven't yet beaten any of them, but i did smoke an RX8 once .

back to topic, i was a previous camry owner, so i'm a little biased, but i've seen a few of the new camry's and i like the way they look, better than the accord. both cars have sufficient power for daily driving, sa akyatan lang sila mag-struggle ng konti.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas
    Boss Juan aka Pekto,

Speaking of Ford Fusion, di ba mga Mazda 6 yan sir? every day I see them they just keep looking better and better, especially the butt end, looks like the 06 Accords with Euro tail lights. Also, have you seen the all new 2006.5 Kia Optima? I think it shares the same platform as the Hyundai Sonata.

Also, nice ang pix ng Sonata mo with RP flag up front.
    The Fusion is based out of the Mazda 6 platform. It's heavier than the Mazda 6 so straightline acceleration is slower. But, the handling should be close to the Mazda 6's plus I like the dash of the Fusion better. Well, the black leather/dash version, anyway.

The Kia should be based off the Sonata except it'll be using the older 172hp 2.7L V6 of the Hyundai Tiburon instead of the 235hp 3.3L V6 of the Sonata.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 3rd, 2006 at 06:56 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Back on topic... hotly contested nga yung midsize segment in the US, but I've been hearing from some people over there that the V6s are suffering in terms of sales due to gas prices... V6 Accords of all things.
    That depends where you're at. Here, it's those Yukons and Expeditions I'm seeing in the lemon lot (euphemism for sale lots) ). I can't blame their drivers considering it takes at least $70 per gas fillup even before the gas crunch.

Anyway, I see more 4-cylinder Altimas (2.5S?) here than any other comparable midsize with 4-cylinders, more than Accord and Camry combined. I mean the latter 2 are numerous. But the Altima 2.5S are so numerous, it's almost ridiculous. You can't turn your eyes one way and not see one except in the middle of the night.

The Mazda 6, the new Sonata, and Pontiac G6 are the ones much more common with the V6. I've seen 3 or 4 Fusions so far. Both the Sonata and Mazda 6 are more numerous at least here in the southeast side of town. The Mazda 6, especially. There's been an explosion in their numbers since last year. It's almost as if people came to the Ford dealers and looked at the Fusion, then went out to see the Mazda 6 at the Mazda dealer next door (owned by the same family).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Camry, Accord, Mazda6 maybe if it was a Mazda Speed 6 then definitely, but unfortunately I have a budget in mind, I'm thinking like 23K only, so the MZ6 Speed is out of the question. My other choices were Civic Si Sedan, Mazda Speed 3 (when these come out near the end of the year) but the problem with them is that they are M/T's only (wife can't drive stick), plus for +/- 1-2K I can get a midsize with a strong V6. Albeit the V6 model would not be "top of the line" but more like midgrade. And for long distance touring the midsize will definitely be more comfortable in the long run (like driving for 16 -18 hours ).

Anyways the new Camry is already here, a new Altima is in the horizon, I don't know about the Accord I certainly hope that they come up with a new one this year bec all things equal with these 3 brands my money will be on the Accord, bec of familiarity having the CRV for almost 2 years and with no problems.

Go domestic? no chance in hell. Honestly I am biased against the domestics, no offense to all you people, but I would bet my money on the devil that I know than the devil that I don't.

Why go V6, yes its more expensive by about 2K initially, fuel cost might cost me an additional 300-500 a year, but once you drive a V6 w/ HP rating of 280 ponies (FX35) you WILL FORGET how expensive gasoline is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2006 2.4L Accord, 2007 2.4L Camry Observations?