New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I think the proper viscosity depends on the temperature of your working environment.

This sentence is intended for markets with a winter season.

For the last oil change we used Castrol CRD (mineral based oil in the green jug). I forgot the exact viscosity but it was within the recommended specs for local conditions when I cross checked with the owner's manual.
    Yep, the thinner viscosity diesel oil is meant for countries with cold/winter seasons. For the PHDM, it's usually 15w-40. AFAIK, Toyota Genuine Motor Oil isn't CRDi specific, but then it does meet the minimum requirements of Toyota's D-4D engines, so it'll do. This is similar to when I had the oil changed on our Starex CRDi. The "Casa recommended" oil was Shell Rimula X, also not CRDi specific.

Quote Originally Posted by stryker09 View Post
    doc, as i am trying to formulate a PM Manual for our ambulance I always come up with the word "manufacturer's specifications" but when i go to the owners manual it could not be found.

what's the proper torque for tightening lug nuts for wheels of the commuter?

stryker
    On tightening lug nuts, I think, for as long as you can tighten it with a cross-wrench by hand (without the use of an extension pipe), then that's tight enough. Not sure how much different the requirements for an ambulance are tho, but then not many shops have torque wrenches on hand to get that exact amount of torque.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski View Post
    My Mom & Dad just got their new Grandia Commuter... After they told me the price, I was taken aback by what I saw inside the unit! This unit doesn't look like it cost a peso higher than P700T. But, Toyota is selling these at P1.078M, exclusive of insurance!

Take a look for yourselves!

Cheap seats with no headrests...

There are no power windows and no central locking system. It has only basic wheels with hubcaps. And, the walls are covered with "lawanit" with a thin vinyl laminate.

Imo, overpriced nga, pareho lang sa panel van na ginagamit na pangdelivery
    dito sa Sg, ang wala lang ay yung glass window at ung cheap na upuan. D4d
    engine, hu, interior pati lawanit pareho din which is much cheaper than the
    Suzuki apv, tubong lugaw ang Toyota phil. dito alam kasi nila pinoy
    loves toyota vans.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbug View Post
    Imo, overpriced nga, pareho lang sa panel van na ginagamit na pangdelivery
    dito sa Sg, ang wala lang ay yung glass window at ung cheap na upuan. D4d
    engine, hu, interior pati lawanit pareho din which is much cheaper than the
    Suzuki apv, tubong lugaw ang Toyota phil. dito alam kasi nila pinoy
    loves toyota vans.
    Not to mention the jarring ride.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Just arrived in London and gosh it great to see the power of all those compact european cars running around. They're sleek and sporty. Just love walking around without all the smog, fumes and the like in the air. Doc Otep, I also saw an ambulance running around that looks like our delivery vans in the philippines except for the yellow and black signage at the back others are painted yellow and black. I also saw one like with the white and green color like your aeromed ambulances. Gosh they're huge van type ambulances.

Regards to all tsikoteers.

Stryker

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I have this van also which is intended for business. yung bang rentals..bka may alam kayong group or individual na naghahanap ng van to rent...thanks

archie 09228445358

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sizzling chopsuey or sizz kaldereta?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sizz chopreta!hehehe meron dito yun tawag nila fan chao ng king chow.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
2005 Hi Ace Commuter... Should this really cost P1.1M?