New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ferno makes product for the ambulance and funeral industries. I like browsing through their website.

Stryker rocks. Even on loose soil/dirt, the stretcher does not bog down or dig in. Tested na sa NAIA air crash drill earlier this year. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ganun! well okay at least i saw their products. Doc, saka ko na ipadala pic ng ambulance namin kasi wala pa mga side signages.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    doc otep,

whats the proper oil viscosity for the commuter? the manual says 20W-50, 15W-40, 10W-30 or 5W-30, but it continually states that "if we are to use SAE 10W-30 or a higher viscosity engine oil in extremely low temperatures, the engine may be difficult to start, so SAE 5W-30 is recommended".

some engile oils have fuel saving capabilities according to the manual, what are these? it did also mention of a "Toyota Genuine Moter Oil" is it available locally?

stryker

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the proper viscosity depends on the temperature of your working environment.

if we are to use SAE 10W-30 or a higher viscosity engine oil in extremely low temperatures, the engine may be difficult to start, so SAE 5W-30 is recommended
    This sentence is intended for markets with a winter season.

For the last oil change we used Castrol CRD (mineral based oil in the green jug). I forgot the exact viscosity but it was within the recommended specs for local conditions when I cross checked with the owner's manual.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the information again doc. So we would be using SAE 20W-50 or 15W-40. Still waiting for your preventive maintenance forms or checklists. I sent you too a sample from canada.

stryker

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. I'll send them to you when I'm using the desktop PC. I'm running on a laptop now. Thanks for the e-mail!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ok thanks again doc

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Doc, problem! Advise naman diyan how to disinfect/sterilize the ambulance after transporting a patient with suspected meningococcemia. We just transfered out one a while ago. Would it be just the same as for other highly communicable/contagious diseases. In ambulances what is the difference between cleaning, disinfecting and sterilization. Thanks again doc. Meron din pala sa tsikot "SALAMAT DOK" tulad ng saturday show sa abs-cbn. wag lang tulad sa wowowee hehehe.

stryker

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    doc, emailed you too baka duty ka pa. anyway zonrox lang muna ginamit namin sa mga accessories at full airing ang unit namin kanina sa araw.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We use Lysol (liquid, not aerosol) contained in a spray atomizer (e.g. those Everwing spray bottles from the grocery). And just wipe down everything using a shop rag (yung mga bilog bilog para pwede na itapon sa yellow trash can after).

For international standards, everything is supposed to be non-porous but the Grandia has fuzzy headliner. I think the Commuter uses vinyl so its not a problem.

For airing out, we drive with the windows open the the a/c recirculate lever in the open mode. Yes, we also soak the units under the sun (just make sure you take out all the perishables). We then spray the cabin with Lysol Aerosol.

AFAIK, cleaning is just ensuring that the surface appears clean (removing dirt and grime), disinfecting is cleaning by the use of a disinfectant (e.g. Lysol). I don't think the interior of the unit has to be sterile since amubulances are working in the field which is technically 'dirty'. All sterile items (e.g. ET tubes, scalpels, sterile gloves, etc.) are in sealed containers anyway.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
2005 Hi Ace Commuter... Should this really cost P1.1M?