New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler
    OT: I was about to ask you the same thing... from what I know, iisa lang ang Vicoyski... Hmm... Ikaw yung tumira ng critical hit on Jewel's Innova Wolf hahah! At yung mga tokens mo pagong lol! Why did you retire btw? House Kurita na yung DF. I'm still in it btw hehe.
    OT again...

*Dieseler: Lot's of guys were praying that I get that critical hit on Jewel! Alam mo naman kasi kung pano style ni Jewel maglaro - puro stalling... My golden turtle tokens are still with me. My kids use them as tokens for their Pokeman card game. I retired 'coz I was feeling too old for the game when I found myself battling a little kid... But, I still like reading about the Mechwarrior Universe. Anyways, say hi to the all MW guys for me...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Please advice regarding pros and cons of the toyota hi-ace commuter. Kahit ano. We are planning to get one slightly used as good as new just acquired by the previous owner last march 2007. We are planning to convert it into an ambulance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I ride a Hi Ace Grandia Ambulance conversion. It's almost exactly like the Commuter except for the bubble top and wider track.

Obviously, the Commuter is pretty bare. Unlike the Grandia, it does not have ABS, a third brake lamp, and a rear wash wipe. Pretty useful stuff especially for the vehicle's intended application. The interior is also very bare with a piece of lawanit used to cover the tailgate's inner panel. Interior lighting is also not very good with only one dome light for the entire rear cabin. A brighter drop light/dome light is recommended. Aeromed uses LED dome lights which are bright and don't get hot.

I'm not sure about the a/c of the Communter, but on the Grandia, the A/C has outlets on all rows which means faster cooling and a more consistent cabin temperature.

Another thing about the Hi Ace is the plastic rear bumper which can get worn down over time if your crew is not careful about loading/unloading the stretcher. It's also difficult to find a good place for the control panels for the lights and sirens. The extra width of the Grandia did afford an extra compartment on the dash where a Whelen siren/PA control box could be mounted. However, the switches for the light bar and rear strobes are almost at floor level due to the lack of dash space.

Ospital ng Makati/Makati Rescue and Fatima Medical Center both run Hi Ace commuter ambulance units. AFAIK, The Medical City also has one on the way. Some of their guys checked out our unit to see how we managed to cram all the medical equipment necessary for an advanced life support unit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks a lot doc otep! st. lukes medical center just got one last march. mind giving me advice on where to convert the hi-ace commuter to ambulance? I heard there are shops beside the DOH central office along sta. ana that specialize in the conversion. or maybe you have a better suggestion for a shop with quality workmanship.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stryker09 View Post
    Thanks a lot doc otep! st. lukes medical center just got one last march. mind giving me advice on where to convert the hi-ace commuter to ambulance? I heard there are shops beside the DOH central office along sta. ana that specialize in the conversion. or maybe you have a better suggestion for a shop with quality workmanship.
    Sir, try considering Starex Pro its more cheaper and i think it has more space. Ambulance doors are now standard.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aeromed does Ambulance conversions up to advanced life support unit level. Just call the 9111121.

I'd agree with drey, the Starex PRO does seem to make more sense. The Aeromed Starex (aka Aero 1) is our boss' favorite ambulance. It was on the show floor in the last Manila International Auto Show.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Punta ka sa Toyota Manila Bay dahil may Hiace Commuter Panel Van dun,mas mura sya..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks guys! Will consider your suggestions when it would be presented to the Board. That's why I was asking about Hiace Commuter because it would be partly donated to us. Its about a month old by now.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala din pala rear step bumper ang Hi Ace (any grade). Kaya ang hirap bumaba at sumakay sa likod. Hindi naman pwede dumaan sa sliding door lalo na kung may kasamang pasyente. At least the Urvan and Starex units are equipped with rear step bumpers.

But if the HiAce will be donated, I guess you just have to make the most out of it and just outfit it properly.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks again. How about the engine? Okay lang ba performance niya? And spare parts? Nasa dulo kami ng pilipinas down south baka magkaproblema sa parts. What parts are oftenly replaced?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
2005 Hi Ace Commuter... Should this really cost P1.1M?