New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sana un GL grandia nlg, 100plus nlg ata dadagdag mo

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    with teh GL, you get these: ABS, dual airbags, power windows, mirrors, and door locks, a third brake lamp, and reasonably good fabric upholstery

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung CBU yan from Japan, malamang 30% ng cost nyan is importation tax. Add to that, yung excise tax which depends on the original value of the vehicle. I'd say 35-40% ng cost nyan, taxes pa lang yun paid to the govt. Kung di man 30% import tax nyan, at least 25% of the 1M cost goes to the govt. kaya lawanit na lang interior nyan, to bring down the base unit cost para bawas taxes. So you're basically paying for the engine and body na lang, sacrifice yung interior. mas mabuti pa kung marine plywood na lang nilagay nila kesa lawanit. marine plywood hindi nagwa-warp. di nga lang kasing flexible ng lawanit.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    New HiAce is really pricey.. dati commuter price around P850K ata now its 1.1M eh CBU din naman ung dating hiace eh.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    sana un GL grandia nlg, 100plus nlg ata dadagdag mo
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    with teh GL, you get these: ABS, dual airbags, power windows, mirrors, and door locks, a third brake lamp, and reasonably good fabric upholstery
    Actually, the difference is over P200T. And, you lose 4 seats... I am still thinking if the ABS, dual airbags, power windows, mirrors, and door locks, a third brake lamp, and fabric upholstery are worth the additional P200T.
    Last edited by vicoyski; November 2nd, 2005 at 06:05 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    actually, parang f%ck-#p pricing ng toyota lately... lalapit ng price gap nila

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnald
    kung CBU yan from Japan, malamang 30% ng cost nyan is importation tax. Add to that, yung excise tax which depends on the original value of the vehicle. I'd say 35-40% ng cost nyan, taxes pa lang yun paid to the govt. Kung di man 30% import tax nyan, at least 25% of the 1M cost goes to the govt. kaya lawanit na lang interior nyan, to bring down the base unit cost para bawas taxes. So you're basically paying for the engine and body na lang, sacrifice yung interior. mas mabuti pa kung marine plywood na lang nilagay nila kesa lawanit. marine plywood hindi nagwa-warp. di nga lang kasing flexible ng lawanit.
    Di ata pagay kung marine plywood dahil makapal at mabigat sya .

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dapat MDF nilagay dun para palusot ng agent sa mga walang alam na ready for sound setup na :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i think the old HiAce commuter eh nasa 800K lang ang price using the old 2L diesel engine..

but this new 2005 HiAce is using the 2.5 D4D engine, so japan made din kaya itong makina nila? kung japan made talaga, siguro ito yung nag-jackup ng price to 1M..

kung tutuusin eh mas maraming amenities yung Innova E D4d diesel which cost 765K, thailand made ang D4D engine ng Innova..

and meron bang GOA safety ang new Hiace? i mean kung mag turn-turtle ba yan sa expressway eh buo pa din?

lahat yata ng Hiace worldwide eh direct from Japan?? tulad ng rav4 and prado?

dapat sinama na lang sa IMV platform ang Hiace para mura hehe..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just an honest question... it seems to me that the major complaints relate to the feature set of the van (which is of course totally understandable as this is after all big money spent). but a short showroom inspection or even a glance at the spec sheet prior to making the final decision should have alerted you to how poor a value the van is for what you pay.

didn't you look over a showroom unit first before buying?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
2005 Hi Ace Commuter... Should this really cost P1.1M?