New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    One thing bad about the seats is that it cant be folded and tumbled or individually disattached when (needed in) hauling cargo. I'm aware of the last row being capable of being stowed upright like the Fortuner and Innova but with the little space it accomodates (even when stowed upright),the cargo hauling purpose of the Hi-Ace is somewhat diminished.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    One thing bad about the seats is that it cant be folded and tumbled or individually disattached when (needed in) hauling cargo. I'm aware of the last row being capable of being stowed upright like the Fortuner and Innova but with the little space it accomodates (even when stowed upright),the cargo hauling purpose of the Hi-Ace is somewhat diminished.
    It's definitely no cargo-hauler... Though you could fit small luggage and stuff under the seats.

Gusto lang talaga ng Mom ko na kasya buong angkan (16 kami lahat kasama mga apo) on outings. I kid her nga na that's not a very good idea. 'Coz if ever there's an accident, ubos ang lahi namin...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    nung sinilip ko nga yung bagong hi-ace sobrang tinipid nga... asked the saleslady kung bakit lawanit lang yung likod at bakit yung pinaka unang step eh wala man lang kahit vinyl na manipis like the old hi-ace... ang sagot ba naman eh ganun daw talaga CBU kasi... huh????? leg room... for a big guy like me(5'10")... forget about long trips ang sikip... mas maluwag ang uravan escapade dahil 12 seater config lang, ang semi captain seat ang 2nd and 3rd row...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    basing on the pictures vicoyski posted, parang not worth it for the price IMHO. a cool million, tapos bare lang yung ride mo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang lupit naman non "lawanit board"// pano pag na basa yan??? papalitan mo na bilis masira yan pag na babasa.. Pero ok ang location ng Kambyo..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz
    nung sinilip ko nga yung bagong hi-ace sobrang tinipid nga... asked the saleslady kung bakit lawanit lang yung likod at bakit yung pinaka unang step eh wala man lang kahit vinyl na manipis like the old hi-ace... ang sagot ba naman eh ganun daw talaga CBU kasi... huh????? leg room... for a big guy like me(5'10")... forget about long trips ang sikip... mas maluwag ang uravan escapade dahil 12 seater config lang, ang semi captain seat ang 2nd and 3rd row...
    about sa lawanit, buti di ka sinagot ng sales rep ng ganito: "eh, sir ok naman po lawanit eh, atsaka kahit pinturang pambahay pwede gamitin pang kulay dyan!..."

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    OT:

Sales Agents will say anything (even illogical reasonings) just to skirt around a product's deficiencies.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Cheap seats with no headrests...

There are no power windows and no central locking system. It has only basic wheels with hubcaps. And, the walls are covered with "lawanit" with a thin vinyl laminate.
    after seeing this interior, lalo ko na-appreciate yun chevy venture namin. plano ko pa naman sana ibenta van namin the near future in exchange for that hi-ace commuter kasi gandang-ganda ako sa exterior nya.

it looks like an old L300 model interior inside.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Talagang kalokohan yan Hi-Ace.

I'd rather get the Starex over it anytime.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    i like the interior but no power windows or even locks are really not forgivable for 1.1M the dash design seems ok. although i wish the FAN speed is also a rotary knob next to the thermostat to its right instead of a little hole which seems to have no purpose.

but quality seems to be there naman.

wala power windows & locks? grabe naman yan! for 1.1M mag-roll up and down ka pa ng windows ala 80's

posibleng dalawa lang kahulugan talaga nyan: it's either overpriced over-confident na talaga ang Toyota Motor Phils. ngaun or talagang wala ng halaga ang P 1M sa mga panahon na ito

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
2005 Hi Ace Commuter... Should this really cost P1.1M?