GL=1.290M
    Grandia=1.323M
    Super Grandia=1.408

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    crdi starex nalang dapat although less space

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron na bang super grandia dito? anong seating arrangement?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    The current sticker price does seem a little pricey for what little it offers in terms of features and the use of a "lawanit" board for the inner hatch panel will only make consumers feel even more shortchanged.

I believe that "lawanit" board will quickly become a famous D-I-Y mod among Hi-Ace owners.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I believe that "lawanit" board will quickly become a famous D-I-Y mod among Hi-Ace owners.
    That's what's frustrating... When you shell-out over P1M for a ride, you expect to get a lot of stuff! And, D-I-Y mods ain't one of them.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ilang beses ko na nakita Hi-ace, sabi nga nang friend ko na nagwowork sa Toyota, kaya mahal eh galing sya nang Japan plus yung framework nya and chassis eh new tech daw. For me, its a poor man's E150, definitley pang out of town trips. Ganda rin lalo na yung black, sans the lawanit board, prang message board namin sa office...

pansin ko lang sa picture...bakit pinalitan agad yung pedals or stock sya?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Why did you allow your parents to buy this expensive trash? I'm sure people who will spend more than a million pesos will examine the merchandise down to the smallest detail..... unless of course, 1 million pesos is just chicken feed that can be replenished next month.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Here's more...

"Lawanit" wall on the tail door!

The very basic dash board...

After seeing the unit, I kinda felt sad that I recommended getting it. What was Toyota thinking, trying to pass this off as an over P1M vehicle? This is definitely highway robbery!
    i like the interior but no power windows or even locks are really not forgivable for 1.1M the dash design seems ok. although i wish the FAN speed is also a rotary knob next to the thermostat to its right instead of a little hole which seems to have no purpose.

but quality seems to be there naman.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by edzzz
    ilang beses ko na nakita Hi-ace, sabi nga nang friend ko na nagwowork sa Toyota, kaya mahal eh galing sya nang Japan plus yung framework nya and chassis eh new tech daw. For me, its a poor man's E150, definitley pang out of town trips. Ganda rin lalo na yung black, sans the lawanit board, prang message board namin sa office...

pansin ko lang sa picture...bakit pinalitan agad yung pedals or stock sya?
    They were originally looking at an Urvan Estate. But, I told my mom to get, either the GL Grandia, or a Starex, since both of them have the new CRD engines. They decided to get the Commuter over the GL Grandia and the Starex, since it can seat more people. Gusto nya raw magkasya ang buong angkan daw namin...

As for the pedals... That's just the start of it... They plan to upgrade the entertainment system by adding more speakers and an overhead LCD screen with TV & DVD player. I suggested that they have a central locking and alarm system installed and have the walls re-upholstered. Mom also plans to get bullbars. Her old Nissan Patrol Safari survived several mishaps, on account of the bullbars she had installed. Chauffer driven kasi sila eh.
    Last edited by vicoyski; October 31st, 2005 at 05:54 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
2005 Hi Ace Commuter... Should this really cost P1.1M?