New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi,

I drive a 2004 Toyota Vios 1.5G a/t and only get 9-10 km/L. When I got the second hand car from my sister, it can run up to 12-14 km/L. This high FC has been bugging me for months now and I have only been going to the same places with the similar traffic density. I drive from my home in QC-Commonwealth area to my workplace near SM Centerpoint. I already had the oil changed, engine flush, new spark plugs, tune up, and even bought a new air filter almost a month ago but alas, I still get the same high FC. This is really bothersome because I have some friends with the same vios and they get more per liter. (note that I only get to 2000rpm and the occasional 3000rpm when overtaking but I seldom rev hard) This may sound cliche but what should I do now? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i think thats a decent fc considering all the traffic you face daily from commonwealth and the construction of the the tunnel in q.ave. same route as yours, i get 14km/liter if i drive during night time but only 8-10 if i face the traffic caused by the construction. the construction took its toll in my fc. btw i drive a 2004 1.5g automatic vios as well as a 2009 1.3j vios from north fairview to makati via sta.mesa/ araneta

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any mods done to your car? Like aftermarket wheels/tires, muffler, intake, etc.

Have you checked stuff like wheel alignment, motor oil viscosity used, brake pad rubbing, ignition timing, tire air pressure, heavy junk in the trunk?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does you car also see highway speeds or revs into the higher RPM range? Another cause of poor FC is the car being babied too much so the carbon deposits already build up.

Whta's the mileage of your Vios? The fuel filter been changed also?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    i think thats a decent fc considering all the traffic you face daily from commonwealth and the construction of the the tunnel in q.ave. same route as yours, i get 14km/liter if i drive during night time but only 8-10 if i face the traffic caused by the construction. the construction took its toll in my fc. btw i drive a 2004 1.5g automatic vios as well as a 2009 1.3j vios from north fairview to makati via sta.mesa/ araneta
    I try my best to avoid the construction by going to E. Rod. but no one can escape the traffic. It is so comforting to know that I am not alone and now that you've mentioned it, maybe I'm just too paranoid about my FC. There's a lot of motorists with far more worse FC than us. Haha. Thanks a lot sirkosero.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    how sure are you that it can run upto 12-14 km/li when you first bought it from your sister?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Any mods done to your car? Like aftermarket wheels/tires, muffler, intake, etc.

Have you checked stuff like wheel alignment, motor oil viscosity used, brake pad rubbing, ignition timing, tire air pressure, heavy junk in the trunk?
    Hmm.. Only a grounding kit in the engine area and 16" rims. The rest = all stock.

Wheel alignment was last checked 2 months ago but I'll be going back to make the most of the 6 month warranty. I forgot the motor oil but the only thing I'm sure of is that it is semi-synthetic. Brake pads seem to be okay. IDK abt the ignition timing but the car starts up smoothly, nothing out of the normal. Tire air pressure monitored at 30-31. Junk in the trunk = the only heavy things there are the spare tire and alligator jack.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Does you car also see highway speeds or revs into the higher RPM range? Another cause of poor FC is the car being babied too much so the carbon deposits already build up.

Whta's the mileage of your Vios? The fuel filter been changed also?
    I want to go faster but the traffic doesn't allow me to. Haha. No out of town trips yet as well. I sometimes curse the speed limit in Commonwealth but it's for the greater good. Hehe. IDK about the Fuel filter tho. How much does it usually cost? Mileage is 67,XXX.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    how sure are you that it can run upto 12-14 km/li when you first bought it from your sister?
    Full tank then crazy math

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    9 to 10 is normal. ganun din sa akin from antipolo to fort with disaster traffic in the morning and evening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2004 Vios 1.5g FC problems