New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    you have to wait 3 months before you can get your toyota prius, i heard. with gas prices very high, a lot of people are buying hybrid vehicles like this nice car. fuel consumption is 30km/liter of gas (is that right? officially it's 58mi/gal).

toyota prius race car

toyota prius interior

saka ka-presyo ng camry
    hybrids are priced higher than their equivalent gas-powered vehicles.the base camry in the US is actually $1k lower than the base prius, but the prius' interior dimension is classified as midsize and the same as the camry's.it's worth the price...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sikuya, this is the data on the prius as stated in a u.s. mag as of may 2004. overall mpg 44, city/highway 35/50. fuel type regular capacity 11.9 gallons. cruising range 545 miles. uses a 1.5 liter four cylinder 76 hp + 67 hp electric motor. battery is guaranteed for 8 years/100,000 miles or 10 years/150,000 miles in states with california emission rules. Toyota estimates the replacement cost of the battery pack would be about $3,000-3,500 but is expected to drop significantly in coming years. The Prius do not need to be plugged in for recharging. The batteries recharge as the car is being driven. Stickered price with optional side and head protection air bags at $22,052. 0-60 mph, 10.5 sec.
    Last edited by altec; June 6th, 2004 at 01:34 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    with gas prices very high, a lot of people are buying hybrid vehicles like this nice car. fuel consumption is 30km/liter of gas (is that right? officially it's 58mi/gal)

hybrids are priced higher than their equivalent gas-powered vehicles.the base camry in the US is actually $1k lower than the base prius [/B]
    matipid nga sa gas, binawi naman sa presyo ng unit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One incident reported in Oklahoma reported a driver got electrocuted while the fire department was using the jaw of life to get him out.

I've been searching online to get that story, but no luck.

Before I got my 04 Civic, I was thinking about the hybrid. One survey concluded that it actually costs more to own the hybrid than pumping 87octane 38mpg car. Kinda like the return on investment, you wont see it until after 10 years. But what we need now is to see the ROI right away and not 10 years down the line.

I was totally disappointed to find out that the 04 Civic HX was introduced but only one dealer in CA has it. The Civic HX is an iVTEC but gets 48mpg. I believe Honda USA did not want to mass produced it because it will compete to their own Hybrid Civic which gets 52MPG.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    an update:
    toyota dealers in the US have begun adding $5,000 markups to toyota priuses thus jacking up the price of the prius from $21-31K. still buyers are undeterred and the waiting time if you want to buy one stretches from 6-9 months now. toyota motor sales, USA has a backlog of 22,000 priuses at this time despite the increase of US allocation from 36 to 47,000 cars and has asked the tokyo headquarters for more priuses but unsure how many more extra can be shipped to the USA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2004 Toyota Prius