New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    mga bosing tanong ko lang po kung ano po ang sapat po ba ito?

eto po pala computation nila:
    Engine Top overhauling kit 3800 pesos
    Cylinder Head Rebuilding 9800 pesos
    Cylinder Head Gasket 1500 pesos
    Rapide Service/Labor 2900 pesos

toyota corolla 1998 XE

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    consult another repair shop bro. daming recommended dito na talyer and this shop is not in the list

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get a second opinion. I spent around 10K before on overhauling our 1999 Corolla LE and this included changing and machining the piston rings. Check out the pricing on the "cylinder head rebuilding" part; seems spurious to me (IMO).

You'll also save more if you buy your parts directy from Banawe.
    Last edited by vinj; July 19th, 2010 at 09:46 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I recommend Alpan machine shop.

any machine shop sana ang puntahan mo. why?

1. yung rapide, pupunta rin sila sa machine shop, in short kaya mas mahal ang singil nila.

2. rapide, maraming horror stories diyan.

3. walang shop na lahat ay kayang gawin, I pertain to rapide. go to a shop na may specialty sa mga makina (machine shops) dahil sigurado lahat nang kailangan nilang tools meron sila.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Rapide .... is a "quick service shop"

Which means they do oil change, tyre change/alignment/balancing, underchassis overhaul, brake overhaul/repair, aircon repair .... etc.

However ... they are not capable of top/whole engine overhaul. Most likely they would dis-assemble your engine and have its repairs sub-contracted somewhere else.

Then they add-on to the total cost of repair, giving you a bit of a headache .... which would'nt stop there ... if the work goes belly-up and you bring back the car to them for warranty purposes!

I suggest you ask around, and or consult a reputable work shop that really specializes on engine work. As it is ... I would'nt even trust Rapide on overhauling a lawnmower engine.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    masyado mahal po yan parts and labor na ..check mo na lang yun private message mo...tnx baka makatulong sa yu

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    medyo ok na ang takbo ng kotse ko yey! sana d na magbawas ng langis.. hehehe!

18K Top Overhaul - Rapide