New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    model : 10th gen altis
    windshield tint : super black
    headlight: stock

i want to change my stock headlights, the visibility at night is so hard because of the dark tint, any recommendation on what to buy and what brand?

can i only buy/change the bulbs and still use the stock wires/wirings?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

i want to change my stock headlights, the visibility at night is so hard because of the dark tint, any recommendation on what to buy and what brand?

I hate to disappoint you but no brand or amount of brightness can do much help to make visibility better. I best recommend you to change the front windshield tint to 3M medium black (what I have on my SUV). With that, even by just using all weather bulbs, visibility is improved and reduces you eye strain.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yep tama. Change ur tint or remove your tint.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yep. I agree, remove/change your tint. I once had the chance to ride in my family-friend's trooper, with super black tints on all windows....err, I thought the street lamps were off that time, but when I rolled down the windows, open pala The visibility`s hard, yeah it was hard, parking the car was like a challenge to the driver ( at least ).....dunno with them, until now, they still dont wanna remove/change their tints, although the troop`s hl is yellow. 3000k (?)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

its best to change tints than change head lights. pero if you can't change tints, hid ka na, which is more costly than changing tints. i tried super black sa windshield, mahirap sa gabi! pinapalitan ko nalang ng neutral

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Di ata projectors ang Lowbeam ng Altis. So kalat yun Hid mo. Not advisable, since it throws less useable light.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Pardon my French but HID sucks! Had those on my Trooper before. When it rains... specially on wet, asphalt road, mas malakas pa ang flashlight!.... LITERALLY!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    You must have those with 6k bulbs. Try on 4300k, works much better.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Besides, HIDs are are best on projector-type headlamps.... so if not, I would still recommend all-weather type halogens.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Pardon my French but HID sucks! Had those on my Trooper before. When it rains... specially on wet, asphalt road, mas malakas pa ang flashlight!.... LITERALLY!

I have an 8k HID before but after a year a change to pure yellow bulb. Pangit ang HID sa trooper housing IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
10th Gen Altis headlight