New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    I have an 8k HID before but after a year a change to pure yellow bulb. Pangit ang HID sa trooper housing IMO.
    [SIZE="4"]+1[/SIZE]

Back to topic, get 90/100 all-weather halogens, use bigger gauge wires and installed independent relays per headlight.... you can never go wrong.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I suggest palitan mo na lang ng medium or neutral tint. Kung mag hid ka with super black tint madilim pa rin yan. Best kung palit ng tint at palit to hid.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Best bet? Remove the tint completely and just leave a visor tint, or change to light tints in front. This is the safest thing to do.

The Altis has reflector headlights. Putting HIDs in will just make things worse, because the reflectors will just scatter the beams... in other words, you'll have the first five feet in front of your car appear as extremely bright, and won't be able to see anything else.

At least the design isn't as bad as the Yaris or Vios. We drove the Yaris tester with HIDs... couldn't see squat on the road, but we could count the leaves on the trees above us...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hmm i saw once na yung lowbeam ng 10th gen altis is may cut-off kahit may HID.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Baka retrofit projectors? Mahal either way.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    if i remove the tint and change to medium black, hindi ba masisira ung sun visor sa pagtanggal ng tint? how much ang fulll tint sa windshield na medium black ng 3m?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    if i remove the tint and change to medium black, hindi ba masisira ung sun visor sa pagtanggal ng tint? how much ang fulll tint sa windshield na medium black ng 3m?
    Have the whole front windshield tint removed. I believe around P1,500 for the whole front. And make sure you have it done in one piece (no cuts)

If you're in the Q.C. area, go to Winterpine Marketing (along Araneta Ave.) The do tints good. Likely, get a good price too since they are the official distributor of 3M automotive tints.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    Hmm i saw once na yung lowbeam ng 10th gen altis is may cut-off kahit may HID.
    Maybe what you saw was the 1.8V or the 2.0V with stock HIDs.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    nope... also, try what sir niky's advise, na visor type ng tint lang. as for mine kasi, i have before super black tint sa harap. ang kinainisan ko lang, the tint was not done in one piece, may putol sa visor line. so nung pinapalitan ko to neutral black, naiwan ang super black sa taas ng windshield, thus having a dark visor tint. pero ang windshield ko has a neutral black colored tint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
10th Gen Altis headlight