New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnnator View Post
    Good day po!

Ginagawa ko po yung 3 times na blink ng hazard lights kapag may nag give way sa akin sa daan. For example, changing lanes ng left or right kapag sa EDSA, I flash my hazard lights thrice to say thank you.

Yung iba nalilito yata, bigla lumiliko.

Wala pa ako nakikita ulit na ganito since nag drive ako ng Manila at kahit malayo yung distances ng byahe ko, say, sa provinces, ginagawa ko pa din naman.

If ever I see one na nag flash ng hazard lights thrice, nakakatuwa siguro.
    Sabi nga ni trump, sounds good, doesn't work

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Dapat pausuhin to dito as sign of courtesy.

And apparently, not only in Japan can you find this, based on the comments on the video.

Agree! Tama yan, dapat ipatupad rin dito sa pinas. Way of courtesy yan eh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hazard warning light is for "hazards". Use it for its intended purpose.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Hazard warning light is for "hazards". Use it for its intended purpose.
    Bruh, in every rule, there’s excemption sabi nila...
    Give it to them, wala naman masama dun sa hazard light thank you...

Yung masama, using hazard light while in heavyrain or fog...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Bruh, in every rule, there’s excemption sabi nila...
    Give it to them, wala naman masama dun sa hazard light thank you...

Yung masama, using hazard light while in heavyrain or fog...

My instinct tells me Mas visible ako during heavy rains pag naka hazard, if issue yung turning left or right, you can always briefly turn hazard lights off to use your turn signals.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    OT:

may naka test na ba ng cheap rear fog laser light? or kung meron ba good quality na nabili.nagamit nyo na?
    parang ganito ..

imbis na gumamit ng hazard lights

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    My instinct tells me Mas visible ako during heavy rains pag naka hazard, if issue yung turning left or right, you can always briefly turn hazard lights off to use your turn signals.

Assumption mo yun na mas visible ka when in fact distracting for others. Using your hazard lights means you are in some sort of trouble. Well, I forgive you for thinking otherwise as most Pinoys do that hazard lights thing even in light rain.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post

you are correct. you are indeed more visible. but not in the manner you would like to be remembered as.
    the problem with blinking hazard lights on a moving car, is that with every other driver doing what you are doing with your hazard lights...
    the drivers behind lose their ability to extrapolate in what direction you and everyone else are going, even if you are simply going straight.
    whatever message your blinking lights is attempting to deliver, is written over by the blinking lights of the other cars.
    the predictive linear movement of a non-blinking light is lost.
    think, strobe lights in a disco.

i have experienced such, years ago. driving down southbound nagtahan bridge one rainy evening, my visual senses were assaulted by a sea of red lights and blinking hazard lights...
    i was so confused, i wanted to just step on the brakes and stop my car!

whenever i see a car with hazard lights blinking, the message i get is, "that guy doesn't know whether he wants to turn left or turn right..."

...turn off the hazard lights and use the turn signals when you want to turn...?
    that may seem logical to you, as you are the one planning it.
    just how fast can the other motorist notice the difference and make the appropriate maneuver?
    and he has to do this, even as his other eye is keeping an eye on what the other cars are doing...

this is my bottomline.
    in poor visibility, non-blinking lights give the car a sense of predictive direction-ability.
    blinking lights perish that ability.

driving safety is not as much about what you want the other motorist to see.
    it is more about what the other motorist sees, or fails to see.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 28th, 2019 at 11:40 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Assumption mo yun na mas visible ka when in fact distracting for others. Using your hazard lights means you are in some sort of trouble. Well, I forgive you for thinking otherwise as most Pinoys do that hazard lights thing even in light rain.

Yeah, most pinoys do that in light rain, I do it in heavy rains where visibility is very low. Distraction to other motorists? I'm again assuming I don't distract them enough to make collision happen especially when you are only running at very low speed. Now if there's one cowboy who sped up during heavy downpour and low visibility, again having hazards on or just mere parking lights won't be much of a factor. But I'm pretty sure I'd still be more visible having my hazard lights on for that cowboy.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll be distracted and confuse, seeing the blinking hazard I'll be assuming you're stopped in the middle of the road and having car trouble so I'll be forced to change lane which I'm trying to avoid in a heavy downpour I want to stay in my lane during a heavy downpour and bad visibility.

Huwag mo na ipilit yun mali.

Last edited by shadow; December 28th, 2019 at 12:28 PM.