New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    But heck, for what it's worth, I learned a lot, thanks for the wholesome exchange of thoughts tsikoteers. Happy new year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're still holding on to your belief then you didn't learn a thing here in Tsikot.

Just curious what will make you change your mind and accept that Mali yun ginagawa Mo?

Nasa LTO exam, hinde ka pa rin naniniwala. Sinabi na rin nasa DMV wala pa rin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; December 28th, 2019 at 10:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    But heck, for what it's worth, I learned a lot, thanks for the wholesome exchange of thoughts tsikoteers. Happy new year.

Are you saying that you now concede to the idea on the use of hazard lights is "dangerous" during heavy rains?

I'm interested with a scientific explanation, if someone will be kind enough to post it here. I know it has been explained, but I want a sort of "research paper".

EDIT: I already saw it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Out of context Missy. I never said it don't care about others' safety

I never said you don't care about other's safety.

It is you who is giving us an impression, by discrediting the LTO and the international standard, that you only care about your safety, the hell to the other motorists who would have to deal with your hazard lights.

Happy New Year Sean.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Nice one bruh sean-archer...
    possible candidate for tsikoter of the year?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Have you heard of the incident when a cloud of dust covered a portion of sctex North in Tarlac, karambola nangyari, welp, hazard lights may have helped somehow. And yes, I was one of the vehicles na na karambola, zero visibility, bigla may mag rear-end sayo. Chaotic, traumatic. Horrible experience. Google it.

so tell me,
    by your own experience, what really happened there?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Nice one bruh sean-archer...
    possible candidate for tsikoter of the year?

yung isang archer na lang.. yung isda.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Ah, the use of the hazard lights in poor visibility conditions. Very contentious subject. Even the local cops (in Canada's Prince Edward Island) driving in winter storm, poor visibility, whiteout conditions, don't seem to know better. Long video, but note the following segments --

2:30 - "If you're ever on the road, put your 4-ways on"

7:47 - "4-way flashers on if you have to be on the road"

Facebook

So even authorities are ambiguous about the usefulness vs. dangers of doing this. We are all left to our better judgment, then.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ako pag nagthankyou eh usually bukas bintana tapos taas kamay ko gesture or usually sa windshield kasi wala ako tint dahil puhgeee naman eh. Eh ako most of the time napagbibigyan kasi hindi naman ako apurado and i usually antay makalagpas lahat bago ako umandar so in turn the universe tells the other driver to give way to me. . Ang nakakabwsit yun mga nasa likod ko kasi gusto ahpurahan na magcut agad ako.

Iniisip ko nga kung nagawa ko na ba yung busina-thank you. Parang hindi pa ata. Usually gumagawa nyan eh mga sanay sa traffic yung mga sanay na sa pindutan ng mabilis mga delivery truck. (eh alam nyo naman na gasolina sedan boy ako so its not my cup of tea)

Ang hazard lights sa akin basic lang. Pag magpaparking sa mall at hihinto sa gilid.

Dati nung bata ako nung sobrang buhos ng ulan as in hirap makakita eh nagawa ko din yan maghazard. Pero sabi nila mali daw eh hindi ko na inulit. So pag malakas ang ulan eh naghahanap ako ng fuel station to stay muna.
    who would have though, si kagalingan lang ang somewhat on -topic Use your Hazard Lights as "thank you" or "sorry".

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sir jut naman, false equivalence? All 3? 2 can be proven by facts, the other one is by opinion. Unless you truly believe flat earthers really and really , for dear life, believe our planet is flat. If you believe so, that's another story.

Brother, the use of hazard lights while driving is against the law in majority of the US, in UK, and in many European countries.

Hazard Light Use - AAA Digest of Motor Laws

Is it illegal to drive with your hazard lights on? Leaving them flashing could see you fined for careless driving

The science, I've explained already - while hazard lights are effective in drawing attention, they also hinder distance/speed perception because they're blinking. That's why western countries with snow (worse visibility than rain) require rear fog lamps that are steadily on and not blinking.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yung isang archer na lang.. yung isda.
    Matinik iyon doc....

Alam mo na....