New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Force companies to have mandatory work from home for those white collar jobs.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    This is a viable option sa mga major cities imho. Maganda na internet sa mga lugar na yan eh.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    But I don't think they can force WFH unless the company pays for the internet and landline. This used to be the case with me but when we had cost cutting they removed my internet and phone. Buti na lang we never removed our old internet and landline.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    How about giving tax breaks to those companies that implement work from home for a minimum of xx percent of the company workforce. The savings on tax would definitely cover the added cost of internet per person, maybe more.

What is in for the govt? Those people that normally do work from home are not entry levels. They are probabaly working for at least 3 to 5 years already. And normally, that is when an employee entertains the idea of buying a car. Less cars, less congestion. more investment as traffic is not an issue.

But realisticaly, i dont see this happening now. Most of the decision makers are old school. If they dont see you, that means you are not productive or they would think you are slacking off. Maybe in 10 to 15 years when a millenials dominate the executive boards of the companies.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's about improving traffic. if it will alleviate traffic, it's good enough for me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Let's delay population growth. 2 Child Policy muna siguro.

Sa ngayon parami nang parami ang tao, parami nang parami ang bumibili ng sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    this is real

not some theory being discussed

there used to be heavy traffic in Caracas the capital of Venezuela

now there isn't any traffic

coz people couldn't keep their cars running

coz there are no spare parts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ife-in-caracas

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    this is real

not some theory being discussed

there used to be heavy traffic in Caracas the capital of Venezuela

now there isn't any traffic

coz people couldn't keep their cars running

coz there are no spare parts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ife-in-caracas

K.

- Tapatalked

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Saw on my timeline
    Decongesting Metro Manila traffic - The Manila Times Online

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I was initially against removing cars from public roads since we worked hard for it...

But we now need drastic measures...

Every 6 months, rule will be checked to see if any of the government projects are ready for use (new trains/new roads) - so this solution is not a forever thing.

Remove the tax of diesel PUVs... vehicle MUST have yellow plate (if you own a Fortuner, register it as a taxi or a PUV to get that yellow plate, if you want tax free diesel)

Triple the tax on gasoline, make it too expensive for the usual daily drivers.

Less cars on the road while the infrastructure is not yet there.

After 6 months, if DOT/DPWH etc believes they can handle more cars, reduce the tax on gasoline.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my view has always been,
    enforce existing rules first, before making new rules.
    before limiting the use of cars, first clean the roads of illegally parked cars and illegal structures and... stagnant roadworks!
    for who knows, it might just be what is needed, to improve the traffic situation.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my view has always been,
    enforce existing rules first, before making new rules.
    before limiting the use of cars, first clean the roads of illegally parked cars and illegal structures and... stagnant roadworks!
    for who knows, it might just be what is needed, to improve the traffic situation.
    Parang tax collection lang. Alisin nyo corruption sa government and we probably don't need TRAIN

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Suggestions to Improve Traffic