New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    An eye opener.....because we currently have 2 sponsored children.
    we ( my wife and I ) volunteer for ambassadorship... but this is the case mahirap eto.

plus i have sponsored kids also.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    I used to. I stopped around 4 years ago. Here's why;

I sponsored a vietnamese kid (aged 7 when World Vision enrolled me as his sponsor) in '96 or '97. WV even got the kid to write me and feed on my "sympathy". Then after almost ten years I stopped when I realized this whole World Vision thing is a business. In a reunion with my former high school classmates a leading WV staff and an alumni came. Now he has a spanking home in Alabang, a car far newer than what I have and from his appearance you can see how "well off" he is. He does credit WV for this.

Then I realize other foundations help kids with their lead agencies not using such sales pitch as WV does and employing people who get rich feeding on other people sympathy and empathy.

So I stopped. This modus operandi is no different from those "love gifts" asked by rich born again preachers. I would rather give my hard earned money to real charities.
    Wow, so you think World Vision in general is a fraud, or a just a few who are on top get "pabaon" just like in the AFP?
    Corruption in the RP is at all levels, how sad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
sponsor a child with World Vision