New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_monkey View Post
    i cant agree 100% to this. Taxpayers are at fault? Not Corrupt government officials stealing the money and not using it for what its intended for?
    Goverrnment officials are small fry too. Let's say we have 200 congressmen, given PhP 20-50M each in pork barrel. Let's say they steal 100% of it, that's about P4 to 10 Billion. That's peanuts, compared to P200 Billion lost each year due to tax evasion... And they can't possibly steal all that every single year. More likely they can pocket 5 to 10% of it without raising eyebrows.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    tnx to south korea... ano naman kaya ang kapalit??? meron kaya???

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    discount of golf course shares hehehe. the korean govt. encourages and even subsidizes their citizens to play a lot of golf. bawal na ata sa ibang bansa magtayo ng golf courses unlike sa 3rd world like ours.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

We gotta face the facts, our country is way too poor to maintain a modern military.
    This is what really bothers me. Our military is already ill-equipped to handle internal conflicts like the never-ending insurgency problem with the NPA/MILF/MNLF and Abu Sayyaf. What more external threats like piracy, poaching, smuggling etc. We have to rely on our neighbors' good graces to defend us from external threats. Sheesh, I bet we don't even have a radar system to warn us of intrusions by military aircraft of other countries.

Even if people in government keep on harping on the need to professionalize the military, in reality, it serves their purpose in keeping the AFP under-equipped and dependent on their friendly-neighborhood politicians in Malacanang or Congress if not the local politician or gambling/drug lord coz that's the only way soliders can be co-opted into keeping these jerks in power.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post
    tnx to south korea... ano naman kaya ang kapalit??? meron kaya???
    I don't think there's any. They're not the US who's never been known to give arms/equipment away without some kind of strings attached..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    As a civilized nation, we should thank our South Korean Brothers, next step accept that we are poor and start to cooperate in nation building.

If every body will use its time to find a legit way to improve their family lives without stepping other people in achieving it. baka 1st world country na tayo.

IMHO, We cannot remove 100% of corruption in the country, the best we would do is minimized it down to a manageable levels.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by handyman View Post
    Are we really that poor, Every day we come across high end vehicles (expedition, lc 100, pajeros lexus and even sequoia) on the road with red plates. or should i say, that there is something wrong with the way our
    goverment provides service vehicle to goverment employees.

i think they should issue/purchase picanto's, norkis, getz etc only

handyman
    kanya kanya kasi tayo eh, yaman ko yaman ko yaman mo yaman mo, tipong gano'n, higher up in the government nagiging gahaman yung iba sa pera kaya yung dapat sanang panggasta sa mga pangangailangang mga sasakyan at iba pang kagamitan eh sa SUV at sportscars nila napupunta sila sa South Korea daw the people even donated their riches for the good of their country...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8XLi View Post
    +1

walang katapusang kurakot buti na lang may mga bansang naawa sa atin
    I wonder when these politicians can get fried in their own oil ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    magiging sayang lang ang mga trucks na 'to kung sa pag-maintain eh poproblemahin pa din

it's like this half-brother of my dad, parati nya tinutulungan, binilhan nya ng tricycle. after a year umayaw, di da kaya ma-maintain sa kinikita. nag-wish for 2nd hand pampasada jeep. binigyan siya ng pang-down ng dad ko along with the money from the sale of the tricycle, after a year umayaw pa din kasi hindi daw pa din ma-maintain yun jeep and installment of balance..

my dad gave up on him. then we found out later that he sold the jeepney and bought a stainless jeep, tapos pinorma. now the jeep is gone, sold pinambayad sa utang.

my half-uncle is an example of what the Philippines is like.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    kanya kanya kasi tayo eh, yaman ko yaman ko yaman mo yaman mo, tipong gano'n, higher up in the government nagiging gahaman yung iba sa pera kaya yung dapat sanang panggasta sa mga pangangailangang mga sasakyan at iba pang kagamitan eh sa SUV at sportscars nila napupunta sila sa South Korea daw the people even donated their riches for the good of their country...
    Yet the irony is, you expect others to help you when you need help. At kung di mo tulungan, ikaw pa may kasalanan. Agawan na nga ng resources being kanya-kanya, tapos baratan pa't crab mentality talaga.

Quote Originally Posted by arvic View Post
    If every body will use its time to find a legit way to improve their family lives without stepping other people in achieving it. baka 1st world country na tayo.
    Problem is, a lot of the poor just make babies all the time. Tignan mo, ang daming may mga pamilya na ang daming anak yet sobrang hirap sila kaya pinapaglimos nila anak nila sa kalsada, only ending up doing drugs, or at best, selling pranela, colorful umbrella hats, etc.

The problem is there's too much to handle all at once and the whole country is not focused on doing that to help its own citizens and its own economy. The leaders are too focused on their personal gains, the citizens are too focused on improving their family lives (they should be, nothing wrong there), so nobody is left to focus on the country.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
South Korea gives trucks to Philippine military