New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Whether he used his own money, a collected fund, or from the taxes we paid, I don't care as long as the beneficiaries are the less fortunate Filipinos.:yawn: [SIZE=1]3631[/SIZE]
    The problem with that is if there's a law prohibiting the use of public taxes to help the stranded Pinays, then that law has to be followed. The good thing is, there's always alternative solutions such as donations and fundraisers.

Again, I have no issue with them bringing them back.

A proactive action would be spend the money properly (stop graft and corruption) so that our poor countrymen do not have any reason to go out of the country and dive into the wolves...

From my point of view, there's no "magic beans" that can miraculously cure the Philippine economy. It took a long time for the Philippines to slide to where it is now. It's perfectly reasonable to think it'll take just as long for the Philippines to regain its former glory. Any change for the better is going to be so gradual you probably won't notice.

But attitudes will have to change.
    Instead of being cynical, people have to start backing their representatives. If their politician is being crooked, then it's up to the people to steer that person back to respectability.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post

From my point of view, there's no "magic beans" that can miraculously cure the Philippine economy. It took a long time for the Philippines to slide to where it is now. It's perfectly reasonable to think it'll take just as long for the Philippines to regain its former glory. Any change for the better is going to be so gradual you probably won't notice.

But attitudes will have to change.[/COLOR] Instead of being cynical, people have to start backing their representatives. If their politician is being crooked, then it's up to the people to steer that person back to respectability.

Bro.,- I can agree to this partially. However, there is no better time than to start now. We should not address our country's issues downstream. We have to stop what ails us, upstream. Our politicians and policy-makers and implementors know that, and yet, see what they're doing.

Both politicians and the people are taking advantage of the weakness in our democracy. It's the 'mob' that elects these politicians, in spite of..... I know, the rule of the majority, in a democracy,- but then again.....

6404:pump:

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    "The problem with that is if there's a law prohibiting the use of public taxes to help the stranded Pinays, then that law has to be followed."

There is no such law, there is no such prohibition !!

I've worked here in Riyadh for quite a long time and occassionaly help some stranded OFW. Any 'POSITIVE' action that will alleviate/mitigate/comfort or stranded OFW is most welcome.

I personally saw a group of about 8 female stranded OFWs sharing one chicken wing for lunch. Forget about the politician's motive, as long they use their 'pork barrel' on worthy causes like this who cares about their motive.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RomyMan View Post
    "The problem with that is if there's a law prohibiting the use of public taxes to help the stranded Pinays, then that law has to be followed."

I've worked here in Riyadh for quite a long time and occassionaly help some stranded OFW. Any 'POSITIVE' action that will alleviate/mitigate/comfort or stranded OFW is most welcome.

I personally saw a group of about 8 female stranded OFWs sharing one chicken wing for lunch. Forget about the politician's motive, as long they use their 'pork barrel' on worthy causes like this who cares about their motive.
    That's what I meant if and a big IF. I'm not that familiar with the laws over there. But, people are assuming it is against the law. Like in most cases, I give them the benefit of the doubt. If it's okay, then good. There shouldn't be any problems then if public taxes were used.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Now there's our problem.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Now there's our problem.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Now there's our problem.

I agree with CoDer. Panay PA-POGI lang naman sa Pilipinas. My friend who came from Canada got SHOCKED when he saw the squatters area. He couldn't believe how dirty and wretched the the poor Pinoy's are in Manila.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Senator helps 30 stranded Filipina maids with air tickets