New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    dito kasi saten mahirap talaga mag stick sa right lane dahil sa mga PUV na tigil ng tigil, sakay dito sakay doon. kung lalagpasan mo naman ang mga PUV tapos balik sa right lane, mas delikado kasi in and out ka sa lanes.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I don't know about you guys, but safety should always be a priority, even if it means 40 km/h on an open street. In developed countries they call that "following the speed limit". And to be honest, there should be speed limits on all roads, even on EDSA. I agree though that vehicles who choose to take it easy should be on the rightmost lane to give way to vehicles rushing to meet their Maker.

Reminds me of a sign along EDSA northbound: " private vehicles, gumitna ng lane. wag nang gumitgit, makakarating din tayo."

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    magaling rin tayo sa hypermiling!

diba yung mga hypermilers sumusunod sa mga trailers?

dito lahat tailgaters!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    almost dropped my jaw.

Dami kasi vios at city haha.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    most of us kasi use manual not like progressive countries na 90% of their cars are matic..and halos every corner eh my stoplight..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    They forgot to interview our driver. Mag start from scratch mga yan sa research. Little do they know that hired drivers don't give an ass about fuel consumption because they are not paying for the fuel. Matutulog sila sa car with the aircons on for an hour or maybe more depending on the weather and how long they are waiting for the owners. And driving style nila is accelerate to 3k rpm then full stop in probably a few meters distance. That's why when our driver uses our car, I disregard my final FC coz it's not my actual record.

Same goes sa mga buses, lakas mag accelerate sabay hihinto rin agad kasi may nakitang pasahero sa tabi. Lakas pa mag idle sa mga malls. And dumarami na uli mga smoke belchers. Fuel efficient indeed.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    I own 1 of the most fuel efficient cars, a .8L car, tapos nagtataka lang ako bakit may mga kaparehas lang ako nang figures sa fuel efficiency na mga 1.3-1.5 cars ranging 11-13km/l in city driving. (my car is properly maintained)

then habang nasa daan, saw this jazz at a WTF cruising speed of 40kph samantalang napakaluwag sa harap (you can do around 60-80kph). later on, saw a vios doing around 30kph lang yata. pati innova may nakita akong ganito magmaneho eh napakaluwag nang kalsada. 1 example kunwari yung sa Hemady street, you can do 60-80kph here without compromising safety naman.

eh naisip ko, anak nang tokwa, eh kaya naman pala kaparehas ko lang nang figures nang fuel efficiency eh kung magpatakbo eh parang mga tricycles. wala po akong inaaway, pero kung ganun kabagal magmaneho, you are also imposing danger sa ibang tao. kaya sa ibang bansa may Minimum Speed Limit, but again hindi naman tayo katulad nila.
    Sir, begging your pardon. could you please enlighten or elaborate more your statement which was highlighted above?
    Di ko masyado lubos maisip kung ano ang scenario kung mabagal magmaneho ang isang driver, what danger could he impose to others? Speed is energy which is transformed into force. so the lower your speed is, the lower is the force being transmitted when in contact with others. Sa simpleng kalkulasyon, ano ang mas grabeng damage, yung naka-aksidente at 40 kph or at 80 kph?
    the only thing na notisya ko sa mga slow drivers is that: medyo mabagal ang mga reflexes nila, needed to avert disaster

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol View Post
    Sir, begging your pardon. could you please enlighten or elaborate more your statement which was highlighted above?
    Di ko masyado lubos maisip kung ano ang scenario kung mabagal magmaneho ang isang driver, what danger could he impose to others? Speed is energy which is transformed into force. so the lower your speed is, the lower is the force being transmitted when in contact with others. Sa simpleng kalkulasyon, ano ang mas grabeng damage, yung naka-aksidente at 40 kph or at 80 kph?
    the only thing na notisya ko sa mga slow drivers is that: medyo mabagal ang mga reflexes nila, needed to avert disaster
    there are times that travelling slowly is hazardous.

for example in expressways.

there's a reason for minimum speed limits.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    there are times that travelling slowly is hazardous.

for example in expressways.

there's a reason for minimum speed limits.
    such as?
    methink minimum speed is set to maintain the pace and max speed to increase the margin of safety factor.
    It is easy to declare that driving slowly is hazardous and driving fast is safe.
    Point out the hazards it may cause and its valid reason. as i have stated previously, a collision in slow speed is much more survivable than in a high speed.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol View Post
    such as?
    methink minimum speed is set to maintain the pace and max speed to increase the margin of safety factor.
    It is easy to declare that driving slowly is hazardous and driving fast is safe.
    Point out the hazards it may cause and its valid reason. as i have stated previously, a collision in slow speed is much more survivable than in a high speed.
    When you travel at too slow a pace, there's a greater risk of being hit by other vehicles that are travelling faster. That's why the rightmost lanes in our expressways are for slow moving vehicles, so they won't be rolling hazards to the faster-moving speedsters on the left. Also, when you drive too slowly on the road, you build up a line of frustrated drivers behind you, and some will be forced to attempt to pass you at unsafe spots along the road.

When entering roundabouts for example i.e. Quezon Memorial Circle, it is generally safer to merge by approximating the speed of the vehicles travelling within the radius, instead of going in at a slower pace where they are more likely to collide into you and cause an accident.

Lastly, driving slowly is listed as Violation #76 - Obstruction under LTO guidelines: "Obstructing the free passage of other vehicles on the highway while discharging or taking passengers or loading and unloading freight, or driving a motor vehicle in such a manner as to obstruct or impede the passage of any vehicle."

Further reading:

http://www.roadandtravel.com/carcare/drivetooslow.htm

http://www.osoyoostimes.com/letters-...the-fast-ones/
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 6th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Pinoy Drivers amongst the most fuel efficient [Businessworld]