New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    ....well newly wed 2 years ago now but thank you all.
    My sister has just returned home to England after a 3 week holiday in China, Hong Kong, Manila and Palawan.
    She absolutely LOVES the Philippines and she (and my 18 yr. old nephew) are already saving their cash to return for Christmas.
    ......Thats more English people you have managed to convert with your hospitality, smiling faces and beautiful country.
    I am proud to call Philippines my home. Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    which filipino food do you like best sir? do you like chicken adobo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to the Philippines and nice to know you're enjoying your stay here.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    ....well newly wed 2 years ago now but thank you all.
    My sister has just returned home to England after a 3 week holiday in China, Hong Kong, Manila and Palawan.
    She absolutely LOVES the Philippines and she (and my 18 yr. old nephew) are already saving their cash to return for Christmas.
    ......Thats more English people you have managed to convert with your hospitality, smiling faces and beautiful country.
    I am proud to call Philippines my home. Salamat po.
    Where do you stay in Palawan? We're planning to spend our summer there - maybe in San Vicente.

Nice big bike you have in your avatar.

:toma: 2946

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    which filipino food do you like best sir? do you like chicken adobo?
    My wife makes fabulous chiken adobo. I'm absolutely converted.

......and ginataang sili, ginisang monggo, torta corner beef and sweet ube.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Where do you stay in Palawan? We're planning to spend our summer there - maybe in San Vicente.

Nice big bike you have in your avatar.

:toma: 2946

Our home is in Puerto Princesa. I haven't been up to San Vicente yet but it looks beautiful.
    It's on my list.

The bike was the last love of my life. Honda VFR750 in Rothmans race colours. Sadly had to leave it behind in England.
    I'm looking for a replacement 'toy' now.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thanks. i believe this is true as well, imo it is maily because most Filipinos tend to face their problems with a smile. like for example, where else in the world would you find a family stuck in the roof of their house because of high floods and when the rescue helicopter arrives with a media coverage on it, they wave at the camera with smiles reaching from ear to ear.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    thanks. i believe this is true as well, imo it is maily because most Filipinos tend to face their problems with a smile. like for example, where else in the world would you find a family stuck in the roof of their house because of high floods and when the rescue helicopter arrives with a media coverage on it, they wave at the camera with smiles reaching from ear to ear.
    I absolutely agree. It's a pity more people/races/countries don't face their problems or differences with a smile.
    Incidentally, how's the Forester. I'm seriously thinking of buying one and have an appointment to view the car in Manila on Wednesday (the 2.0X version). Any problems or dislikes with yours? Fuel economy for example!

Salamat po.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I absolutely agree. It's a pity more people/races/countries don't face their problems or differences with a smile.
    Incidentally, how's the Forester. I'm seriously thinking of buying one and have an appointment to view the car in Manila on Wednesday (the 2.0X version). Any problems or dislikes with yours? Fuel economy for example!

Salamat po.
    Please visit this thread, it might help:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/newre...reply&p=821473

:toma: [SIZE="2"]2968[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    At my wedding (a truely multi-national affair with guests from England, USA, Spain, Singapore, China, South Africa and Holland) my best man described the majority of the guests as coming from 'Asia's number 1 happy country - the Philippines' which resulted in a vast increase in already high volume level.

As an Englishman very happily married to my fabulously beautiful Pilipino wife Yolanda, these words were the best way of describing your beautiful country and it's people.

My only regret is that I didn't discover it (and my wife) 2 decades earlier.

Unfortunately due to my employment I spend 4 or 5 weeks at a time in mainland China (luckily with my wife by my side), but trust me when I say that I can't wait to get back on the plane and come 'home'.

ser welcome to our dear Philippines and tsikot.

where in China? i'm in the same shoes as you, going back and forth (shenzhen)China-Phil, but mostly here now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Philippines - Asia's number 1 happy country