New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Helen: pls behave :sunny:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If it were me, I'd rather relocate somewhere else where it doesn't flood.

While the car floating device is cute, this is really a temporary solution. Over time, floods will get higher and higher. Right now 2nd floor, next nyan 3rd floor na simply because of siltation. Esteros and water tracks get clogged and silted up.

I have total disdain for flood. I super hate it. When I was young, I really hate the rain back then because it would mean I'd have to clean rainwater that seeps into our basement. Although it is clear, the job is very taxing and it takes away precious study time.

I met some people who live in malabon (and actually got to experience their horrible flood). Grabe, I don't understand why they don't abandon their houses and live somewhere dry.

Now, a family man, my house in QC starts at the 2nd floor. While it doesn't flood in there (it would mean the whole of bulacan and manila totally submerged with NLEX as the main canal), I already have backup plans of where to relocate should the need arise. Nowadays, I totally love rainy days (except the initial humid environment). Hot chocolate cooked by my wife, bread she baked. Endless talks about anything, esp about our children. Heaven.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Has anyone tried flood bags a.k.a. sandless sandbags? I'm curious if the ones sold locally really work.
    May ready-made sandbags bang nabibili?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Has anyone tried flood bags a.k.a. sandless sandbags? I'm curious if the ones sold locally really work.
    Meron sa hardware, tawag nila, binistay

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post

Di ba yun yung ginagamit sa finishing ng mga pader? Mas pinong buhangin na sako sako.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yan nga, naalala ko nga pala, last year I ordered I think mga half a cu meter of sand and had it delivered in sacks na, nag add na lang ako ng bayad para sa sako. Hindi ko nakwenta kung mas mura ba kaysa sa binistay, but I suppose mas mura nga kasi no hindi pa nabistay.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post

bistay. a very fine sieve or pansala.

binistay. very fine sand.
    ginagamit sa palitada or wall finishing, making the surface smoother than the usual sand-and-cement surface.

la lang.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mas maganda yung binistay na buhangin para mas siksik.. pag may halong bato yan, hindi din epektib..

mas matindi ulan kahapon, mas madaming areas ang binaha.. slex lubog, las pinas zapote drive lubog din

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if it floods on a regular basis,
    perhaps a more permanent arrangement than sandbags,
    is in order?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If it were me, I'd rather relocate somewhere else where it doesn't flood.

While the car floating device is cute, this is really a temporary solution. Over time, floods will get higher and higher. Right now 2nd floor, next nyan 3rd floor na simply because of siltation. Esteros and water tracks get clogged and silted up.

I have total disdain for flood. I super hate it. When I was young, I really hate the rain back then because it would mean I'd have to clean rainwater that seeps into our basement. Although it is clear, the job is very taxing and it takes away precious study time.

I met some people who live in malabon (and actually got to experience their horrible flood). Grabe, I don't understand why they don't abandon their houses and live somewhere dry.

Now, a family man, my house in QC starts at the 2nd floor. While it doesn't flood in there (it would mean the whole of bulacan and manila totally submerged with NLEX as the main canal), I already have backup plans of where to relocate should the need arise. Nowadays, I totally love rainy days (except the initial humid environment). Hot chocolate cooked by my wife, bread she baked. Endless talks about anything, esp about our children. Heaven.
    Bro, i see that this post was 8 years ago. I totally agree with this... Happy for you.

I was able to persuade my parents to leave our old place and build their new house on higher and safer grounds many years ago... Peace of mind and blissful sleep for them and for me, too...
    😁😉

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Ondoy or Any Massive Flood Protection For Your Car