New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The project is quite ambitious, but knowing the average, cunning Filipino (matalino sa maling paraan), the scheme won't be as effective as they've envisioned it to be. I'd rather have an centralized, intelligent stoplight and traffic monitoring system in place than that.

But who knows? maybe this will be miraculously successful. Only Time can tell when I'm going to have to eat my words...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    from inquirer.net

Hopefully with this technology makatulong ito para sa pagsolve ng heavy traffic.
    Sana maging positive naman ang result

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    narinig ko over the AM radio kaning umaga sa interview kay bayani. Kasabay ng RF tags ay ang mga barriers. pag lumabas ang mga bus na may RF tags, may fine sila.

Ang mga walang tags ay mga colorum buses.

OT: di ba dati may mga nahuli na more than 3 buses having the same plate number. Photocopy lang ang franchise kaya nakakalusot. This time, di basta basta ma clone ang mga RF tags na ito.

Less busses sa EDSA, less traffic.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    The project is quite ambitious, but knowing the average, cunning Filipino (matalino sa maling paraan), the scheme won't be as effective as they've envisioned it to be. I'd rather have an centralized, intelligent stoplight and traffic monitoring system in place than that.

But who knows? maybe this will be miraculously successful. Only Time can tell when I'm going to have to eat my words...
    mahirap ata dayain ang RFID or such type of microchips, afaik.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007

From what ABS-CBN used to say, we have the 2nd most advanced Stoplight and Traffic Monitoring System in Asia - 2nd only to Japan... the main problem really is that most people dont actually follow them properly!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    New ideas present new problems. Kung lalagyan ng microchips, saan nila ilalagay yung receivers? This means since the microchips will transmit signals to receivers around the metro, the receivers should be very reliable. Otherwise they're just wasting taxpayers' money.

Oh wait, they're already doing that last bit. Never mind.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    New ideas present new problems. Kung lalagyan ng microchips, saan nila ilalagay yung receivers? This means since the microchips will transmit signals to receivers around the metro, the receivers should be very reliable. Otherwise they're just wasting taxpayers' money.

Oh wait, they're already doing that last bit. Never mind.
    It is best that they contact some local academic institution for research in these types of gadgets.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    From what ABS-CBN used to say, we have the 2nd most advanced Stoplight and Traffic Monitoring System in Asia - 2nd only to Japan... the main problem really is that most people dont actually follow them properly!
    Hm... really? I didn't know that piece of news...

I honestly don't see how ABS-CBN could claim that we have the 2nd most advanced traffic management system in Asia, considering the traffic chokepoints caused by 'dumb' stoplights.

Well, not unles you count the stoplights tampered by local enforcement to feed their, hm... cravings. 'Advanced' nga kuno...

But yes, your point is well taken. Dami talagang pasaway sa daan kaya din traffic.

Anyway, regarding the scheme at hand, is it possible to find some way to block the signal emitted by the RFID's? Because that's the first thing I could think of the operators would do so that their vehicles won't be subjected to any form of control (which the idea will grow into eventually).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i really think the best way to discipline these bus driving pinheads is to link 5-6 buses together..so it would be very hard to swerve and overtake one another..all buses would occupy one lane.. parang train..di na kailangan ng rf kickback transmitter na yan...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hm... really? I didn't know that piece of news...

I honestly don't see how ABS-CBN could claim that we have the 2nd most advanced traffic management system in Asia, considering the traffic chokepoints caused by 'dumb' stoplights.

Anyway, regarding the scheme at hand, is it possible to find some way to block the signal emitted by the RFID's? Because that's the first thing I could think of the operators would do so that their vehicles won't be subjected to any form of control (which the idea will grow into eventually).
    Actually it was public concern message broadcasted by ABS-CBN panahon pa ni Ramos yata that had this, so baka hindi na tayo yung 2nd most advanced ngayon...

Im sure bus drivers can just cut the electrical wire leading to the RFID device, or transfer it to a location on the bus where it will be more beneficial to them... eto ngang mga taxi metered na digital and sealed napapakialam nga rin e...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
MMDA to put microchips on buses to improve traffic flow