New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MANILA, Philippines -- The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will begin installing microchips on buses in an effort to improve the city's chronic traffic congestion, an official said Tuesday.

The microchips will allow the MMDA to monitor the movement of the capital's estimated 3,000 buses and dispatch them to areas where there is a large concentration of passengers, the agency’s general manager Robert Nacianceno said.

"Once the system is in place, it will be easier for us to track each one of the buses plying thoroughfares, field buses at bus stops where there's a concentration of passengers and stop empty buses or those with only a few passengers from dawdling at loading and unloading bays," he said.

The system is intended to address a major complaint of motorists that the city's traffic problems are due largely to half-filled buses waiting at the road side for passengers blocking the free flow of traffic.

It will also stop the entry of unauthorized buses which ply the streets without proper permits, the official added.
    from inquirer.net

Hopefully with this technology makatulong ito para sa pagsolve ng heavy traffic.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hopefully they'll include a device that will keep them inside the Solid yellow lane and keep them out of swerving at the foot of flyovers. I feel that its a major project na sigurado may kikita nanaman at overpriced eto.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uwak18 View Post
    Hopefully they'll include a device that will keep them inside the Solid yellow lane and keep them out of swerving at the foot of flyovers. I feel that its a major project na sigurado may kikita nanaman at overpriced eto.
    Sana open ang bidding...

.. kung gagastos sila gawin na nilang Future proof... yung madaling i-upgrade... hindi yung after few years wala na...

then isa pa is maintenance...sana i-budget din nila ito..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi uubra ito ... mga balasubas yung mga drivers eh ... walang micro-microchip sa kanila ...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    hindi uubra ito ... mga balasubas yung mga drivers eh ... walang micro-microchip sa kanila ...
    sinabi mo pa gagawa at gagawa ng paraan mga yan

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dapat yung mga driver ang lagyan ng microchip hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmmm i doubt in this system... will this be fool proof??? dont underestimate the innate ability of pinoy, they are good if not the best in figuring out how to undo or intercept those gadgets, look at the taxis, the govt imposes on untampered metering and are installed by duly recognized govt arm.

But i just rode a taxi 3 weeks ago on the same day that almost seem real yet when the meter starts reading the count just keep going faster than you think... i rode a cab going to the same area yet it didnt cost me that much, considering that there was no traffic when i rode the taxi.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sana yun microchip na naka install may bomb activation that would only cause the engine to stop and make them need to replace it. better yet, yun driver lang yun sumabog. bad trip kasi mga bus na iyan eh, swerving sobra. tapos pag nasingitan mo lang ng konti, magagalit na.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ginagamit na rin ba ang micro chip sa mga bus? ang alam ko sa mga hayop o animal lang ginagamit ang micro chip para ma tract ng kanilang amo....
    bakit pati bus lalagyan na hindi naman sila hayop ah! hindi rin naman sila animal! ahhhhh alam ko na ko meron nga palang mga bus driver na asal animal

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hanep ah microchip sa bus eh kahit server ilagay mo dun di pa rin pansin kung saan nakalagay. haay ewan ko ba kung anu anu naiisip eh simpleng enforcement lang ang needed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
MMDA to put microchips on buses to improve traffic flow