New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde ko alam kung saan ilalagay eh, dito or sa Politics forum...

Lim to son facing drug raps: Let ax fall
    By Evelyn Macairan
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim yesterday said he will “not lift a finger” to help his 44-year-old son who was allegedly arrested by elements of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) during a drug bust in Binondo Friday night.

Lim said PDEA chief Dionisio Santiago called him up and informed him that they arrested his son, businessman Manny Santos Lim, in an alleged buy bust operation at the Pharaoh Hotel, located at the corner of Tomas Mapua and Dasmariñas streets.

Radio reports said the PDEA recovered 100 grams of shabu, estimated to be worth P600,000, from the suspect. They intend to file drug charges against him before the Department of Justice (DOJ).

“I told (retired) General Santiago congratulations to your men,” the 78-year-old Manila mayor said. “If (my son) violated the law then let the ax fall where it may. It has always been my philosophy in life that the law applies to all. I will not give special treatment to my relatives.”

Lim only helps those who are illegally arrested or unfairly accused. He said his son, whom he admitted he had not communicated with for the past several months, was already old enough to take responsibility for his actions.

“I will not provide him with a lawyer. He is already 44 years old and he should be ready to face the consequences of his actions. Let him suffer for his actions. I will not lift a finger to help him,” Lim said.

When asked if he knew if his son was involved in illegal drugs, he said he had no idea. “All I know is that he has family troubles.”

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mayor Lim, kung totoo yan,

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Mayor Lim is right in letting the ax fall on his son....I just hope that our president can learn a thing or two from him...(wishful thinking am I?)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Anong klaseng tatay ito. di niya alam anong ginagawa ng anak? Salamat naman di nanalo noong tumakbo presidente si Lim, mas grabe ata mangyari with a son like that. Di ba yung Pharoah Hotel dating "14th floor" sa Ongpin?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hehehee... galit si Monseratto.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Monseratto: He's 44 dude... not 18... It'll be pretty f--k'd up if a 44 yo still needs guidance hehe...

I'd be surprised if any dad here with a son/daughter over 30 knows what they're doing in their private lives especially if they don't live under their roofs to begin with... We're not even considering whether or not they're close to their parents.
    Last edited by theveed; March 16th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Anong klaseng tatay ito. di niya alam anong ginagawa ng anak? Salamat naman di nanalo noong tumakbo presidente si Lim, mas grabe ata mangyari with a son like that. Di ba yung Pharoah Hotel dating "14th floor" sa Ongpin?
    Magkagalit na yang mag amang yan dati pa.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It is a sad development for Lim. However, if indeed he's "not lifting a finger" on it, then it highly commendable of a government official.... Sa Maynila pa naman nangyari....

5606:jazzysax:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di naman galit mga sirs. Just suprised that Mayor Lim didn't know or chose to ignore his son's activities. Most pinoy families naman more or less will know if anyone is in trouble. Pinoy culture naman is not western culture, wherein the families throw out their children when they reach 18, or children ignore their parents and dump them in foster homes...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Di naman galit mga sirs. Just suprised that Mayor Lim didn't know or chose to ignore his son's activities. Most pinoy families naman more or less will know if anyone is in trouble. Pinoy culture naman is not western culture, wherein the families throw out their children when they reach 18, or children ignore their parents and dump them in foster homes...
    But, 44yo na yung anak nyang yun Most families/parents don't know rin naman that their teenage kid is taking pot di ba?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Mayor Lim's son caught in a buy bust...